Customer Account Manager at Buyers Edge Platform (Remote)
Who are we?
Produce Alliance specializes in delivery of fresh produce to restaurants and other foodservice operators at higher quality and better prices. We provide fresh produce category management services including procurement, national distribution, information services, and food safety assurance to food service clients across North America, the Caribbean and beyond. Produce Alliance manages an alliance of 50+ independently owned specialty distributors of fresh products. Each distributor is carefully selected and commits to full compliance with our audited distribution, purchasing, and category management programs designed for client success. As a Buyers Edge Platform company, we are committed to providing our clients with unprecedented service, superior access to high-quality fresh produce, commodity expertise and strategic supply chain solutions.
In this role you will:
- Manage account rollout, account maintenance, and growth
- Become the main point of contact after account is acquired
- Conduct weekly (at minimum) reporting to corporate
- Market Alerts
- Cost Avoidance
- Delivery Fee Report
- Off Spec Report
- Incorporates new data, as needed to support new insights/perspective into produce category
- Conducts ongoing client delivery and quality monitoring and works directly with Produce Support to resolve all client operational issues and concerns
- Works with executive and senior level team members to develop and fully deliver quarterly and annual business reviews
- Studies industry articles, works with marketing to generate new ideas for concept and provide culinary assistance, which includes product inquires, new menu items, product innovations, local farm programs and label and brand approvals
- Strong communication across multiple teams to support a best practice solution with speed. This includes Member Services, Implementation, Marketing, Procurement, Food Safety, and IT, to support the customer’s requests
- Host customers at conferences and events
- Provides market insights to the account by evaluating the weekly market conditions alongside customers' high use items to provide recommendations, subs, and other solutions.
- Identify and share cost savings initiatives for the customer
- Evaluates stores off program and works collaboratively with the team to return the business.
- Work directly with Member Services to strengthen distributors communication and performance on a concept.
- Recognize patterns in the marketplace for store non-compliance or not-a-fit for the program and communicate back to management.
- Understands and accesses reporting to develop strength and practice of growing account purchases:
- Identifying lost cases (due to no case break, etc.)
- Building average drop size
- Identify dormant accounts, or infrequent ordering and troubleshoot solutions
- Introducing non-produce items
- Experience managing account relationships
- Knowledge of supply chain management preferred
- Attention to detail with a strong desire to deliver value added support to clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced team environment as well as independently
- Must be flexible to assist with client needs outside normal business hours as needed.
- Ability to critically think about customer needs proactively
- Ability to travel when needed for customer conferences, business reviews, and bi- annual customer meetings
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Tools as well as internal systems
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years of equivalent work experience in account management
- Produce knowledge/produce management background preferred
What's in this for you?
Amazing coverages to start. Medical, dental, and vision coverages are just the beginning! We also offer ancillary plans, such as flexible spending accounts for both health and dependent care, critical illness, accident, and voluntary life as well as company paid life and long-term-disability plans! On top of this, we also offer a 401(k) plan with company match.
Invest in your success. We will provide you with a thorough training and development program; and offer competitive compensation.
Live well = Work well. Relax with our Personal Responsibility Paid Time Off policy where you don’t have to accrue time off in order to take it!
Produce Alliance welcomes all.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.