CNA's Operations Compliance, Controls and Vendor Management area is hiring a Compliance Sr. Consultant responsible for assessing and developing operational controls and compliance-related controls, such as, regulations, data quality, process design and implementation/communication as well as for vendor management for Operations. This role also includes assessing vendor performance and preparing the Vendor Management scorecard.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Develops and implements compliance mechanisms and protocols internal controls and regulatory compliance policies and procedures
- Implements methodology to measure and monitor compliance to internal controls and regulatory requirements and recommends process improvement to ensure compliance.
- Provides compliance or technical subject matter expertise in support of business or corporate strategic initiatives.
- Manages project teams and may be responsible for special projects and presentations.
- Produces and prepares compliance-related management reports.
- Partners with the field and with other departments such as Internal Audit IT and Legal to build relationships supporting compliance
- Stays current on federal and state legislation and issues as well as industry and business activity and trends.
- Develops and maintains relationships with insurance departments and other regulatory bodies.
- Mentors and guides less experienced staff and may manage subordinate staff.
- As required acts in absence of Compliance Director.
- Reviews, assesses and governs controls for vendor management
- Produces and prepares bi-annual vendor management scorecard for senior leadership
Director or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to coach and develop staff.
- Technical expertise and knowledge of insurance principles practices and procedures.
- Strong communication negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
- Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
- Ability to travel.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designations preferred.
- Typically a minimum of eight years compliance experience.