This position will focus on sales training and training-related project management for our domestic and international sales teams. Areas of focus will be onboarding, new hire training, ongoing training, and product messaging training. This particular role will directly support our domestic Oncology Kits & Services (OKS) team, as well as develop training content related to oncology kits, not only for this team but for our international sales team as well.
What you’ll do:
- Create content, facilitate dissemination of content, and assess training effectiveness for the sales team
- Collaborate with Sales leadership, Marketing and other internal stakeholders to identify training needs
- Create and update resources and reference material for the sales team
- Create and manage content, reviews and coaching activities in the Learning Management System (LMS)
- Contribute to the team’s development of training plans and messaging
- Collaborate with teammates on training phases for all sales teams: new hire training (including home study), advanced training, and ongoing training
- Work with the training team to plan, organize and execute meetings like Summer Sales Synch and the annual Global Sales Meeting
- Facilitate in-person training, when appropriate
- Identify opportunities to improve sales effectiveness through strategic training
- Provide clarification when product-related questions arise
- Collaborate with teammates and other teams at Invitae to manage sales enablement tools, such as Seismic
- Maintain appreciation of RM training and client needs via regular field travel/Zoom client meetings, and/or by attending regional meetings
- Attend 1-2 relevant conferences per year related to scientific/clinical content, selling skills, sales enablement, etc…
- Incorporate best-practices for adult learning strategies
What you bring:
- 5+ years of field-based sales, preferably selling assay kits to pathologists/oncologists
- Strong preference for candidates with 3+ years of training experience or in a similar support-type role for a commercial team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional communication skills – including the capability to digest a plethora of information at once, help distill for training, and articulate the information in a clear and concise manner in both oral and written presentations
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to present in front of large groups, both live and over video conferencing
- Ability to prioritize and balance workload to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work with colleagues at varying levels of the organization and readily incorporate feedback
- Detail-oriented, proactive, flexible and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated, creative and driven to improve the effectiveness of the sales team
- Available for key meetings during normal business hours, as well as occasional meetings to support the global team outside of typical U.S. business hours
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
- Moderate to advanced experience using G Suite, MS Office, Salesforce, Seismic (or similar sales enablement platform), and an LMS.
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.