Matillion technology turns every business into a data business. Our low-code data integration platform helps modern teams ingest, enrich and synchronise their data across a variety of cloud platforms. Leading companies like Slack, Cisco, and DocuSign trust Matillion to help them transform operational data into useful information at enterprise scale.
We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors and recently closed a $150M Series E in September 2021 for a total amount of $250M raised in 2021. Our investors include current and former backers of other leading enterprise data companies like Databricks, Informatica and Mulesoft.
As Snowflake’s 2021 data integration partner of the year and a winner of Databricks’ 2021 ISV Innovation Award, our product strategy and engineering execution is continuously recognized as best in class by a rapidly growing ecosystem of technology partners.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
Are you entrepreneurial? Are you excited by the challenge of building a new book of business as part of the leading company for Enterprise Data Integration? Come join Matillion as a Databricks Sales Specialist and help us make a dent in the Universe bigger than ourselves. This role is responsible for delivering ARR from Matillion’s emerging Databricks product line with both net new customers and existing Matillion customers. The Databricks Sales Specialist is a high-impact role and will be critical in establishing this new product line in the market. You will land new customers and drive revenue growth through direct sales within a defined geographic territory while building relationships in the field with key partners, developing an expert understanding of the Databricks ecosystem, and effectively collaborating with internal teams.
What you will be doing;
Manage Direct Sales Cycles
- Carry an annual Logo and ARR quota for sales of Matillion’s Databricks product line to new and existing customers within a defined territory.
- Sell both independently and occasionally in collaboration with Matillion’s joint account owner while ensuring that all customer communication for Databricks sales cycles is managed smoothly
- Work with the RVP and AE’s in your Commercial region to develop a territory plan and associated outbound prospecting strategy to drive the acquisition of new Databricks customers
Partner Relationship Development
- Foster strong relationships with our technology and consulting partners, with a particular focus on building relationships with the Databricks field in your region
- Enable seller-to-seller relationships to drive new business
- Educate the Databricks field and other partners on the value of Matillion to their business
- Collaborate on new initiatives with Matillion and partner sales, marketing, and product departments
- Work closely with sales, marketing, and Alliances Managers to expand and refine Matillion’s partnership with Databricks
- Educate & coach internal sales roles on best practices for selling Matillion’s Databricks product line and partnering with Databricks
What we are looking for - Essential Skills
- 1-3 years of full-cycle direct sales or partner sales experience with preferably an emphasis on ETL, Cloud Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Analytics SaaS/SW technologies
- Experience working with Databricks directly or as part of their ecosystem is highly valued
- Experience hitting a quota of $500k+ ARR per year and averaging 5+ client/partner meetings per weekHighly motivated to build out a new revenue stream with the ability to have an outsized impact on Matillion’s future growth
- Ability to travel up to 25% of a workweek (post-Covid)
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Passion for technology and an entrepreneurial spirit
- ‘Go-getter’ mentality with a desire to advance career in technology sales
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and with multiple departments
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
- A truly flexible & remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 15 days PTO that increases to 25 after 12 months of service
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Career development with monthly "hackdays" and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email [email protected]
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.