GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Client Solutions Manager is responsible for partnering with Sales to achieve regional revenue goals, leading the Deal Response stage of the sales cycle to close opportunities that have a voiced budget (or, if programmatic, specific planned initiative). This entails working cross-functionally across GumGum’s Growth Team to prepare recommendations that address the client’s needs and objectives and position GumGum to partner effectively with the client on each potential campaign.
Success in this position requires the ability to understand client needs, craft solutions that match needs to GumGum’s offerings, project manage, storytell, and prioritize competing response demands. This role will operate in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
Please note, working Eastern time zone hours is a requirement of this job. GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in states within the Eastern or Central time zones.
- Deal Response Leadership
- Lead creation of the response for every Deal Response stage opportunity. This includes any deal with a voiced budget (or, if programmatic, specific planned initiative), regardless of size, account, or channel (i.e., managed direct or managed programmatic)
- Drive cross-functional alignment on what to propose throughout the response creation process. This involves preparing for, facilitating, and following up on discussions to brainstorm and review proposed solutions. It may also require pushing back internally and offering alternative solutions
- Prepare required response deliverable(s) that are on-time and of high quality
- As needed, contribute to client follow-up efforts on specific deal responses, such as insights for a check-in email or participation in a response feedback call
- Response Deliverable Creation (Deliverable Quality)
- Prepare response deliverables that succinctly communicate our understanding of the client’s needs and a proposed solution, in a manner that differentiates GumGum and is palatable to media buyers
- Understand GumGum’s value proposition and offerings, and consistently reflect this understanding in all response deliverables
- Work across GumGum’s internal teams to propose solutions that showcase both the best that GumGum has to offer and what the organization can reasonably support
- Fully utilize team resources to create responses as efficiently as possible
- Take a data-driven and analytical approach to storytelling, leveraging data tools and reporting, including but not limited to Looker, Quantcast, and Comscore
- Client Solutions Team Effectiveness
- Contribute to team resources that will maximize efficiency of response creation
- Work with manager to regularly prioritize Deal Response workload
- Participate in or lead at least one initiative per calendar year to improve the effectiveness of the client solutions team overall
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline.
- 2-4 years of work experience, ideally in media buying, sales, customer success, business development, or marketing, either in high growth tech companies or agencies
- Experience developing proposals and pitches
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Project management and prioritization
- Storytelling, using both qualitative and quantitative information
- Ability to use, or quickly learn, research and reporting tools like Comscore, Quantcast, and Looker
- Solid understanding of online advertising and how media agencies and brands make decisions
- Proficient in PowerPoint and Google Slides
- A ‘sales planner’ or ‘seller’ by trade with a strong drive to win business
- A project manager and storyteller with the energy and skills to quickly and effectively communicate mutually beneficial solutions to clients
- Ability to partner and communicate effectively across teams
- Ownership mentality and proven ability to get things done well and on-time without extensive oversight
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Pet Friendly Organization - We love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Virtual company events and (optional) in-person celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The Voice Coalition- Through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Return to office: Our big vision for our futuristic “Farmhouses” in 2022!
- Offices will now be referred to as the “GumGum Farmhouse” -- a futuristic space centered around a bigger purpose: flexibility, sustainability, community, and growth!
- GumGum will continue to be a flexible/remote-friendly environment, however, offices will re-open in 2022 for any employees who choose to come in to collaborate, participate in an event, host your clients, contribute to our growing of plants/herbs/vegetables/etc.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum expands globally! Our company recently acquired Just Premium, a European-based company that utilizes creatives as a means to develop digital environments. Just Premium’s rich media is one of the largest in the world, and brings forward higher performing ads that adds value to GumGum’s already thriving contextual intelligence. With this acquisition, we now have 375 + employees globally, as well as new market expansion including Germany, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, and Mexico. Together we will become the most powerful global solution for a cookieless future through contextual technology and high-impact creatives.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum