Checking Account Specialist (Weekend) at Upgrade, Inc. (Phoenix, AZ)
Upgrade is a fintech company that provides affordable and responsible credit, mobile banking, and payment products to everyday consumers. We were the fastest growing company in the Americas last year according to the Financial Times and Upgrade Card was the fastest growing credit card in America. We have delivered over $20 billion in affordable and responsible credit over the last 5 years. The company is backed by some of the most prominent technology investors and was recently valued at $6.3B.
We have built an energizing, collaborative and inclusive culture where team members help each other, learn and innovate to move the company and its customers in the right direction, and own the outcome of their efforts.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, “Top Companies to work for in Arizona” and one of the "Best Engineering Department" awarded annually by Comparably. We've also received recognition for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1300 talented and dedicated professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
About the Role:
The Banking Servicing Specialist (Checking Account Specialist) is part of the growing Business Programs department focusing on new and ongoing strategic initiatives that contribute to the success of the Phoenix Servicing Center. This role supports existing and new products, critical processes, and other initiatives vital to the success of Upgrade. The ideal candidate thrives in a workplace that is constantly changing due to rapid growth and brings a positive mindset to our team environment.
Pay: $21.50/ hour
What You’ll Do:
- Support our existing customers by responding to their questions via phone, email, and chat
- Support product rollouts and initiatives which includes contributing to the development of new processes and procedures
- Accurately review, process, and make decisions related to critical programs across multiple systems & products. (e.g. Rewards Checking, Mobile Check Deposit, Debit cards, etc.)
- Balance between customer communication (phone / chat / email) and system-based processing (estimated 90/10 split between communication time and time processing in the system)
- Provide excellent customer service in all customer interactions
- Support operational policy and procedures by identifying and recommending improvements and updates to content
- Support all other ongoing responsibilities assigned to the Business Programs team
- Work hours may change to accommodate customer needs, this includes starting and finishing times as well as days worked
What We Look For:
- 2+ years experience in banking customer service or servicing
- Bring a flexible mindset – as a start up, we are growing quickly and you may need to adapt to changing policies and procedures while maintaining high quality standards.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work with teammates to accomplish tasks and responsibilities everyday
- Excellent time management and work prioritization skills
- Capable of completing assigned tasks with careful attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment with ease and with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great open office space
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401K matching
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & disability
- Conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Phoenix close to light rail and public transportation
- Paid parking or platinum pass
- New Hire Training Program
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
Notice to California-based Candidates for Employment. This California Candidate Privacy Notice is intended to provide information about how Upgrade collects and uses personal information to California consumers who apply for employment with Upgrade If you are employed by Upgrade, refer to the Employee Handbook for additional information. For any questions about this notice, please contact [email protected].Personal Information Upgrade Collects:Identifiers Including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information. Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including demographic information and other personal information obtained during the application process, such as gender, race, national origin. Professional or employment-related information, such as salary/compensation and benefits packages, other relocation or job preferences, prior background, experience, skills, and other information in support of your application, reference information, other information obtained through background checks, including employment, credit, and criminal history. Education Information. Any other information you provide as a part of recruitment, job application, or interview process. Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:To consider qualifications, skills, and interest for employment. To communicate with you during the recruitment and interview process. To conduct background checks and verify your information if you are offered employment. To provide compensation, including payroll, and administer stock options and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States. To improve recruitment and interview processes and ensure a safe and efficient working environment. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.