Jellyvision is hiring a Channel Sales Manager - Carrier
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NE, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI.
What we do
We’re the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes choosing (and using) employee benefits easier and more enjoyable. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think the best way to achieve that is with a staff that reflects the vast range of ideas, perspectives, and experiences of the millions of people who use our products.
Who we are
Jellyvision is committed to continuous evolution and to fostering a more diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone is welcomed, valued, and respected. It doesn’t matter your race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, or country of origin...we just want amazing people who are willing to grow along with us.
How you’ll help
Currently, we distribute ALEX to employers either directly, or through our established, successful reseller network, including insurance carriers, brokers, third-party administrators, and benefits administration platforms. You will help us continue to build on our growing partner/reseller business by working directly with insurance carriers (medical, ancillary, and voluntary benefits), expanding our relationships with assigned carriers and bringing new customers to Jellyvision.
What you’ll do
In long, our Channel Sales Manager - Carrier is responsible for:
Channel Understanding: Get to know carriers’ and brokers’ problems, pains, priorities and goals. Share that knowledge with our product, sales and service teams to help guide Jellyvision’s product roadmap, focusing on cost-saving features.
Expansion of Business: You’ll grow our business with our carrier partners. In partnership with channel leadership, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing on a plan to increase carrier partnerships, and Jellyvision mindshare within carriers. Then turn that mindshare into carrier-driven sales for Jellyvision. You’ll have a ton of influence on that process and we’ll be eager for your feedback at every stage.
Partner Management Process: In order to help us balance the needs of our Channel Team with our direct to employer efforts you will:
- Work with carrier contacts to develop and launch Jellyvision within their business in order to increase the total amount of employer customers with each partner.
- Influence carriers to include Jellyvision’s products in their overall go-to-market strategy by assisting with RFPs, partnering on sales, and coaching them on how to pitch ALEX to their prospects and clients.
- Provide your Manager with reports on the overall health of your assigned carriers and facilitate regular Business Reviews with the leadership teams of carrier partners.
- Work closely with our marketing team to develop materials that help our carrier partners drive more opportunities.
- Identify and maintain relationships with a broad base of contacts at medical, ancillary and voluntary beneftis carriers.
- Execute against Jellyvision’s playbook for finding new possible customers while working towards increased conversion from prospective customer to closed-won business.
- Collaborate with carrier sales teams and Jellyvision Channel Sales Managers daily on opportunity-level cases and maintain accurate tracking and reporting.
- Collaborate with all divisions of Jellyvision from Business Development Representatives to Implementation Experts to Account Managers as our channel division is truly an end to-end process.
Tracking and Monitoring: You will be tasked with tracking and reporting key activities and outcomes within your area of responsibility as well as sharing your greatest hits (and misses) with Channel and Sales leadership. You’ll leverage those insights to accurately forecast results, continuously improve your personal performance, and aid in the development of Jellyvision’s channel strategy.
Experience & skills you’ll need
Ideally, we're looking for folks who have cut their teeth in the insurance world with 5+ years of experience. Bonus if you're a salesperson at an insurance carrier already!
While we’re open to candidates with a variety of strong skills, we’ll take an early shine to candidates with the following background and experience.
- End to End Success. You’ve managed a book of business before and have experience with creating, communicating and executing a strategic vision from start to finish.
- Organization and Time Management: You can stay on top of a million tasks directly in front of you, while also keeping your eye on the big picture.
- Relationship building: You build authentic, trusting relationships both internally and externally with a focus on the long-term good over a short-term gain.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: You are confident, charismatic, fearless, humble, and able to tailor your delivery to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to play well with others: You’re delightful in collaborative situations and eager to work with other internal sales teams, marketing, legal, and product folks.
- Drives Results
- Instills Trust
- Situational Adaptability
- Instills Trust
- Action Oriented
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!