DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determines activities necessary to complete Requirements Management effort, including identification of stakeholders, and the selection of Requirements Management and business analysis techniques in accordance with the guiding principles of the Ensono Delivery Methodology.
- Organizes and synthesizes complex information provided by stakeholders, formulating information into business, functional, and non-functional requirements, documented in a correct, clear, concise, comprehensive, and cohesive format.
- Develops a requirements management work-plan to manage own and teams' activities, priorities, tasks, deliverables, and schedule, in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Effectively facilitates requirement sessions and uses a variety of elicitation techniques to obtain needed information from stakeholders to form business, functional, non-functional requirements, that includes, but is not limited to, process mapping, JAD sessions, use cases, storyboards, prototyping, etc.
- Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of requirements, and recommends solutions that enable the client to achieve its goals while balancing the climate, priorities, capabilities, and constraints of both client and Ensono.
- Analyzes feasibility and resource changes as a result of requirements modifications through impact analysis reporting. Informs and advises affected parties of business impact.
- Participates actively in the development of testing strategies and test plans to ensure requirements are validated accurately.
- Manages conflicts, issues, and changes to requirements to ensure that stakeholders and project team remain in agreement on the solution scope, while working with the Project Manager.
- Responsible for designing, configuring, testing, and implementing workday features, business processes and enhancement requests.
- Provides product support for various Workday modules via ServiceNow.
- Conducts gap analysis, reviews, and recommends process optimization opportunities.
- Gather, build, and test requirements for multiple modules within Workday HCM, Payroll, Absence, Benefits, Compensation, Talent, and Recruiting.
- Creates advanced reports and dashboards based on business need.
- Participates in various HR projects to provide technical HR system support.
- Responsible for system upgrades and modifications including identifying requirements, configuration, testing, and implementation.
- Ensures accuracy of data through routine data audits and validation.
- Provides support and collaborates with technical team on all HR related integrations including the management of current integrations as well as the development and implementation of future integrations.
PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING: Develops, maintains and demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of clients' and Ensono's technical and business environments. Considered as value-add by the customer to their business success. Considered knowledgeable on use of Ensono Delivery Methodology Requirements Engineering and Change Management procedures. Considered knowledgeable on Ensono organization structure and culture and typical Delivery Tools. Considered knowledgeable of Ensono products, services, and solutions.
REQUIREMENTS PLANNING AND ELICITATION: Identifies requirements scope and deliverables and plans for requirements gathering accordingly. Determines and utilizes appropriate requirements elicitation and management techniques based on scope and nature of project. Forms and presents probing questions to elicit information necessary to define requirements. Identifies and accurately captures information pertinent to solution requirements. Determines when and how to modify approach and/or use alternative elicitation techniques. Effectively describes the importance and value of requirements elicitation process mapping, JAD sessions, use cases, storyboards, prototyping, etc. Participates in internal knowledge sharing discussions related to requirements planning and elicitation. Contributes to identification of process improvements related to requirements planning and elicitation techniques.
REQUIREMENTS WRITING AND MANAGEMENT: Self-directed during requirements management and/or documentation. Organizes and synthesizes complex information to formulate business, functional, and non-functional requirements. Documents requirements into an accurate, clear, concise, comprehensive, and cohesive work package. Ensures functional requirements address the business needs. prioritizes requirements based on factors such as business value, cost to deliver and time constraints. Presents requirements in an understandable format to validate with stakeholders. Contributes ongoing improvement of requirements standards, reusable requirements and requirements management techniques.
MEETING MANAGEMENT: Prepares agenda and materials to ensure meetings are effective. Facilitates meetings and communicates effectively. Uses considerable meeting management skills to keep discussions focused and organized. Identifies areas of common agreement and use negotiation skills to reach agreement in areas of conflict. Recognizes subjects which have political implications and uses politically sensitive approach to discuss such subjects.
BUSINESS AND SOLUTION CONSULTING: Understands client's business issues and goals related to marketing databases/solutions. Occasionally recognizes opportunities beyond the underlying business needs and issues, and contributes to consulting stakeholders in exploring these opportunities. Able to conceptualize a solution and enable stakeholders to understand the solution's capabilities, boundaries, dependencies, constraints, and assumptions from a business perspective. The associate is expected to be able to interface with upper-level internal and client stakeholders and communicate effectively.
CONFLICT RESOLUTION: Recognizes conflicts and issues as they are encountered. Facilitates discussion and agreement on handling of conflicts. Works with Project Manager to ensure conflicts and issues are tracked to resolution.
BUSINESS ANALYSIS: Understands and effectively utilizes appropriate business analysis techniques to organize and synthesize large amounts of information into a simplified view. Captures and illustrates stakeholder desires and/or current state using a combination of textual formats, models, diagrams, and matrices. Ensures business goals are aligned to the underlying business needs and identifies gaps that may prevent the business from reaching goals. Evaluates business processes based on a "big picture" view while also understanding the details related to each process step. Demonstrates broad understanding of general business functions and the relationships between them; broad knowledge of marketing is desired. Works toward identifying and defining key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure business operations
This position does not have direct reports but may mentor less experienced associates in the role.
- 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years experience using Workday or any other ERP
- Bachelors Degree Desired
- 2-4 years experience writing detailed business and functional requirements in general. Any experience in working with the HR partners to drive requirements in HRIS function would be preferred.
- At least 2-4 years experience with designing, configuring and testing the solution developed in Workday or Peoplesoft related to HRIS.
- At least 2 years experience with the solution development lifecycle
- Can mange and resolve incident tickets and enhancements as per the define SLAs.
- Begin working towards Certified Business Analysis Professional Certification
- Certification in WD HRIS or finance is desired.