Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing:
The Business Architect is responsible for leading the effort to interpret client needs, asses full business requirements and for the creation of the Business Architecture. The Business Architect will also develop and maintain standard processes and artifacts for capturing the Business Architecture. The Business Architect works as a team member along with the Engagement Manager, Developer and Solution Architect to deliver the complete solution for the customer.
- Lead efforts to Interpret client and market needs, assess full business requirements and business architecture and identify solutions to non-standard tasks/queries.
- Collaborates with senior-level clients, product management and technical architects to develop, enhance and implement the business architecture for complex business solutions to support specific client requirements and address market opportunities.
- Participates in management reviews, including presenting and interpreting business requirements and results of business analyses, summarizing conclusions, and recommending a course of action.
- Interfaces with all areas of the client and internal enterprises affected by the project including strategic planning, product management, product development, technology services and client services to ensure the client's expectations and market requirements are met.
- Defines, constructs, supports and provides training for enterprise business systems.
- Identifies and incorporate business process improvements for increased efficiency and enhanced client experience into new solutions.
- In-depth knowledge and expertise of the Retirement Industry and related businesses
- In-depth knowledge of process taxonomy and flow of a specific client organization and/or the overall market
- Proficiency in defining and implementing an overall solution and expertise in the business architecture
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design-based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Excellent Leadership, organization, team building, negotiation, conflict management, project management and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Willingness to travel to client locations (up to 50%)
Added bonus if you have:
- 10+ years' experience in the Retirement Industry
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.