Business Development Strategic Sales Director at Rocket Mortgage (Detroit, MI)
The Rock Family of Companies is made up of nearly 100 separate businesses spanning fintech, sports, entertainment, real estate, startups and more. We're united by our culture - a drive to find a better way that fuels our commitment to our clients, our community and our team members. We believe in and build inclusive workplaces, where every voice is heard and diverse perspectives are welcomed. Working for a company in the Family is about more than just a job - it's about having the opportunity to become the best version of yourself.
- 5 years of sales experience
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong time management, negotiation and organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group
- Computer skills
- Willingness to travel
The Business Development Strategic Sales Director identifies and onboards new strategic real estate partnerships. Their primary responsibilities are to prospect, vet, sell and implement new companies while working closely with the Business Development and Production teams. They are responsible for effectively and efficiently communicating internally and externally the goals, vision, and overall tactics for each partnership opportunity.
- Identify and pursue potential strategic real estate partnerships on a national level
- Help identify the vision and strategies necessary to grow the strategic partnership channel
- Work with various teams (Program Management, Marketing and Technology) to ensure a seamless offering of products and services to the clients of these partners
- Monitor and stay informed of business objectives, making recommendations for improvement and development where necessary
- Represent the company on a national level, helping to increase and promote brand awareness
- Build and maintain a network of relationships that are potential future partnerships along with industry advocates for potential insight and future partnership introductions
- Manage a pipeline consisting of short-term and long-term partnership opportunities
Who We Are
Detroit-basedRocket Companies®is a family of businesses providing simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we're a publicly traded company involved in several different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We're insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We're passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We've been ranked #5 on Fortune's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune's Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in any hiring or employment practices. The Company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in completing the application and/or participating in the employment application process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Team, The Pulse, at 1-800-411-JOBS.