Business Development Representative at Townsquare Ignite (Hampton Roads, VA)
Business Development Representative
Townsquare Media is seeking an experienced Business Development Specialist, with a true “hunter” mentality to bring our full suite of cross-platform Digital Media Solutions to market. This frontline seller will be responsible for building out new revenue channels for both agencies and direct clients. We’re looking for an expert with proven success at selling Advanced Audience Targeting and Extended Reach Digital solutions as well as superior knowledge of new/emerging digital advertising technologies and techniques. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, works with a sense of urgency, and thrives in an early stage, market development phase. The Business Development Specialist will be a key contributor to defining sales strategy, offering, programming, packaging, and collateral for Ignite’s customers and prospects.
- Produce a stream of predictable self-generated monthly bookings, revenue, and profits
- Work in conjunction with Sales Management, Digital Campaign Managers, and Customer Success to:
- Be involved in active campaigns
- Conduct thorough Discovery Meetings, and communicate client expectations and Desired Business Results before and during the campaign
- Exceed Minimum Performance Standards (MPS) as outlined with this letter, which includes achieving solo and assist revenue goals
- Ensure customer success/satisfaction and retention
- Manage account receivables on all contracts
- Minimum of 1 year of sales experience as an individual contributor in a sales (hunter) role
- Digital Sales background (i.e. mobile, video, display, social, email, and paid search) is a plus
- Proven experience selling Advanced Audience Targeting, Extended Reach, Programmatic offerings, and/or SEMis a plus
- Consultative/Solutions selling experience vs. a single Product selling background
- Proven track record in meeting/exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Consistent performer and responder to daily, weekly, and monthly Sales KPIs
- Demonstrable experience at new market and revenue development
- Previous Radio, Events, and Sponsorship sales experience is a PLUS
- Independent, Entrepreneurial, comfortable in a fast pace, early-stage environment
- Detail-oriented, someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done
- Intellectual curiosity to surface insights & implications and use this knowledge to think creatively about how to advance TSQ Ignite Digital Solutions
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to articulate compelling value propositions for TSQ Ignite’s Digital Solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior knowledge of new/emerging digital advertising technologies and techniques
- Entrepreneurial spirit, a self-starter, who works with urgency and passion
- Competitive base plus bonus plan
- 3 Weeks PTO
- 9 Paid Holidays (Two personal/floating Holidays)
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Company provided laptop
- Continuous training opportunities
- Fully remote opportunity
- Unlimited Growth Potential - Ignite is one of our fastest growing divisions and we only promote from within!
Why Townsquare Media?
Townsquare Media offers an effective and efficient advertising solution that utilizes sophisticated, precise, in-house audience targeting solutions. Those solutions enable us to identify and reach hyper-targeted online audiences across desktop, mobile, apps, connected TV, email, paid search, and social media platforms via display advertising, video, and native content. If our name sounds familiar, you may have heard of our parent company Townsquare Media. They own over 300 radio stations nationwide, including Shreveport favorites like Kiss Country 93.7, 96.5 KVKI, K94.5, 1130 The Tiger, and more.
Why You’ll Love Working at Townsquare Media
We are a team of driven individuals who push ourselves and those around us to develop personally and professionally. You can expect a dynamic and competitive work environment. To foster your success, you’ll take part in a comprehensive training program, surrounded by a positive and supportive culture that encourages everyone to develop themselves and others. We’ve had countless internal promotions, and our goal is to continue the rapid growth of our company. Whatever your professional goals, you’ll have the opportunity to make steps toward your target and take your career to new heights!
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Media’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge