Business Development Representative at CARTO (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:46 p.m. (CST) on Friday, February 18, 2022
Everything happens somewhere - which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies trying to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts and developers from companies such as Vodafone, IKEA, BT, Coca-Cola and Mastercard to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 150 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO (backed by Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, among others) is changing the way companies analyze location data - making it simple to do this straight out of modern, cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
To continue our growth in enterprise, we are looking for a high-energy, creative and curious Business Development Representative (ideally in London, but open to remote candidates in the UK). This individual would report to our Sales Development Lead, who is based in our Madrid office joining a sales development team of 12 people split between the UK, Spain and the US, as well as working closely with our Account Executives team.
This individual will be able to work from: Spain, UK or France.
As a BDR you will:
- Develop new business leads and enhance existing relationships with strategic accounts, using outbound and inbound tactics to identify new opportunities.
- Use our sales toolbox to drive opportunity creation. These tools include Salesforce, Hubspot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Outreach, Zoominfo and Lusha, among others.
- Learn and be curious about our customer’s business problems, whether it’s geomarketing for CPG firms or supply chain optimization for last mile delivery players. You will invest time attending webinars, listening to podcasts, reading industry reports and following industry influencers who help you understand our prospects better.
- Conduct sales development best practices with email, phone, and social drips using enablement technology to connect with new prospects.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the sales and marketing team to develop and implement appropriate prospect communication plans in line with our Account Based Marketing strategy, coordinating with our Account Executives to qualify opportunities; prepare for and book pitch meetings with target prospects.
- Be able to demonstrate the value of CARTO for enterprise organizations, adapting your demo scripts and messaging to the needs of the customer.
As a BDR, you are:
- Energetic, with a positive attitude
- Curious about technology and business
- Determined to get the job done and productive in the way you do it
- Creative and proactive in daily tasks, whether it’s copywriting for an outbound cadence or throwing together a follow up deck in Google Slides
- Diligent and good at multitasking in a fast paced environment, a long to-do list doesn’t freak you out
- A critical thinker, fast learner and very capable of internalizing information and articulating relevant value.
- Tenacious – you know every “no” you hear is a learning opportunity and one step closer to the next “yes.”
- Assertive – you’re likable, but aren’t afraid to ask for what you want.
- Coachable – no matter your experience you’re never done learning.
- Quick witted – you see objections as an opportunity to practice verbal jousting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Driven, eager to learn, and desire to pursue a career in tech and SaaS sales.
- Ideally 1-2 years business experience, preferably in a results-oriented sales environment. But open to recently graduated individuals looking for their first opportunity in tech.
- Prior lead generation experience or cold-calling experience a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in English
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our Employee Stock Options Plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming, multicultural and multilingual company.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Why is this different from other SDR / BDR roles?
- We don’t just see BDRs as part of a conveyor belt. Sales development is an intrinsic part of our sales process and not simply “a first step into sales”. You don’t just “set up meetings for Account Executives”, you act as a consultant qualifying opportunities with senior stakeholders at market leading brands and your work is immensely valued across the entire company. You won’t just be teeing up the exciting stuff for others - you’ll be in the driving seat.
- We really care about developing talent. In the past 2 years, 5 BDRs have become Account Executives or Customer Success Managers and we strongly believe this team can be a talent factory for the rest of our company.
- We don’t sell yet another boring SaaS solution to seamlessly bla bla bla whatever. We solve really interesting problems for our clients, whether that’s helping Unilever create a deforestation tracker, enabling Bumble to use more geographical context to match future lovebirds or helping Philip Morris predict which areas of cities might have more cigarette butts to collect.
Provide us your resume and a letter explaining your interest. Be sure to let us know why you’re a great match for this role and for CARTO!
If you really want this job, then please share 3 brief bullet point reasons in the cover letter section as to why you would like to work at CARTO. No need for a long, formal cover letter, but just something punchy to show why you’re our next rockstar SDR.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).
More Information on CARTO
CARTO operates in the Big Data industry. The company is located in New York, NY. CARTO was founded in 2012. It has 157 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan. To see all 10 open jobs at CARTO, click here.
Read Full Job Description