Here at Hometap, we’re collaborative, passionate, and always ready to roll up our sleeves to create solutions that help people get more out of homeownership — and out of life. Our first product, a home equity investment, gives homeowners the opportunity to quickly access the equity they’ve built in their home to pay for what’s most important to them, from handling debt to finally making much-needed renovations, without taking on debt.
We work hard, and have some fun along the way, too. You don’t have to take our word for it: The Boston Globe and Comparably have recognized us as a great place to work, and we’ve been honored for our commitment to innovation in the fintech space by BostInno, HousingWire, and more!
In case you need any more convincing, we also provide competitive compensation, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a generous share package, and a strong culture with plenty of opportunities for team-building and camaraderie.
Interested in joining us on our mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible? We’d love to talk.
As Hometap’s Business Development Representative (BDR), you will assist the Sales team on our mission to make homeownership more accessible and less stressful. You’ll focus on connecting with homeowners early in the process and convert top of funnel leads. You’ll be the point person to answer incoming homeowner calls, you’ll survey homeowners on their experience working with us, and you’ll lead the charge in re-engaging with folks we’ve lost touch with. If learning about sales in a fast-paced, high-growth startup excites you, this role might be for you!
- Manage a pipeline of leads from first contact to qualification
- Convert top of funnel leads to qualified leads
- Act as the single point of contact for all inbound homeowner calls/request
- Execute email and SMS campaigns
- Work closely with our team of Investment Managers and the Head of Sales to execute on and further best practices in homeowner conversion and communication techniques
- Survey homeowners on their Hometap experience
- Maintain sales and marketing playbooks
- Learn the full sales process
- 1+ years or equivalent experience in sales, a co-op, internship, or other.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Must be empathetic, motivated, methodical, optimistic, mature and competitive.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail
Hometap is on a mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our home equity investment product provides homeowners with a fast, simple, and straightforward way to access the equity in their home without taking out a loan or having to sell. By investing alongside homeowners, Hometap offers debt-free cash in exchange for a share of their home’s future value — all without any monthly payments or interest over the life of the investment. Through a combination of financial innovation and best-in-class customer service, Hometap enables people to get more from homeownership so they can get more from life.
Hometap believes that our differences are what bring us together, and one of our biggest priorities is creating a diverse workplace that welcomes and values each team member’s unique perspective, background, and ideas. All roles here are filled based solely on candidates’ qualifications and our business needs.
Hometap is based in Boston, but will consider remote work for this position; however, the position must be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Read Full Job Description