Business Development Representative at Voltaiq (Remote)
Business Development Representative
Location: Berkeley, CA or Remote
“The battery is the technology of our time.” -The Economist
Voltaiq is a Battery Intelligence software company. Our data platform brings unprecedented analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. World-leading brands — including global automakers in Detroit and Germany, household-name tech giants, and decacorn startups — depend on Voltaiq software to accelerate product development, optimize performance, ensure safety and reliability, and unlock financial value in their products. Our high-powered team is composed of battery industry veterans, PhD scientists, a highly skilled product and engineering team, and an advisory board of C-level industry execs, all of whom are passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, serving customers around the world.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is expected to meet Voltaiq’s customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives in conjunction with Account Executives (AE). BDRs’ primary responsibilities center around detailed account research and organization mapping, inbound and outbound lead generation and qualification through introductory presentations and product demonstrations. Secondarily these individuals are expected to support AE’s as they take qualified deals to close through further account research and collateral development among other tasks, and helping to support the optimization of Voltaiq’s lead generation strategy and operations. The successful candidate will be a high energy people person with the ability to work in an agile customer facing roles. This position reports to Voltaiq’s VP of Sales.
- Prospect into strategic business accounts via cold call, email and social strategies
- Drive sales growth and pipeline through setting up qualified meetings for Account Executives
- Conduct detailed account research and distil down into account by account strategies and organization maps
- Produce creative strategies for targeting decision-makers at prospect accounts in order to book sales appointments and influence company revenue
- BDRs are making cold calls, sending emails, and leading high-level discovery calls with prospects through outbound lead generation, conferences, web-conferences and in-person meetings
- Understand customer needs to identify and promote Voltaiq-driven solutions
- Support Account Executives through deal closing
- Update CRM in a timely manner with all current account information including organization maps, meeting notes, and contacts
- Provide weekly update on lead pipeline
- Support the development of improved sales operations as we grow the sales team
- Become intimately familiar with Voltaiq products and capabilities to competently present this information to customers and demonstrate the software
- Up to 50% travel to customer sites and tradeshows (subject to global health based restrictions)
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of work experience desired but not required
- Strong desire to learn
- High energy individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple incoming requests and drive initiatives to their successful completion
- Superior creative problem solving and general troubleshooting capability
- Battery testing, battery-powered device engineering, or work experience in the lithium ion battery field is desired but not required
- Desire and ability to thrive in loosely structured, high-demand startup environment
Competitive salary plus equity and full benefits.
Voltaiq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.
To apply, forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected]