Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!Come join our Sales team
Our Sales team is committed to expanding Karat’s purpose by building authentic, long-term partnerships with software engineering and recruiting leaders at SMB, mid-market, and enterprise-level organizations.What you will do
As a Business Development Representative, you will support the expansion of our SMB client base, which we refer to as Karat Growth. You will partner with our Growth sales team to identify key decision makers in prospect accounts, initiate interest and engagement, and secure new clients.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest through cold discovery calls, and email campaigns.
- Engage with prospects via phone, email and social selling tools to provide high-level offering information.
- Keep meticulous records of interactions with leads in our CRM (Salesforce).
- Help to build scalable demand generation campaigns based on data
- Partner closely with our Growth sales team to prioritize and select accounts to target.
- Develop and execute territory account plans in coordination with Sales Directors to achieve and exceed quota responsibility while tracking all efforts in Salesforce.
- Become an expert in the technical recruiting and interviewing space in order to lead strategic conversations with prospective accounts.
- 2+ years of sales experience with a complex and/or technical product
- SDR/BDR experience at a technology startup preferred
- Empathetic listener and persuasive communicator with excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal skills
- Consistent track record of exceeding quotas or performance deliverables
- Resourceful in using social media and other networks to identify and contact prospects
- Self-starter who thrives in ambiguity and quick change
- Ability to work independently and collaborate closely with internal constituencies
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].