Business Development Representative at Lightspeed Systems (Portland, OR)
Looking to start a career in sales? Ready to take on the mission of keeping kids safe online?
Lightspeed Systems is growing and we're looking to add a Business Development Representative (BDR) to our team. The primary responsibility of the BDR is to identify and engage with key K-12 roles in order to qualify leads and set appointments for a sales partner. If you are driven, confident, and ready to take the first step in your sales career and develop your prospecting chops, this is the role for you!
As a direct contact between potential customers and Lightspeed, you will play an essential role in making a great first impression, identifying prospective buyers, determining what their needs are, and providing recommendations on Lightspeed solutions. This role reports to the Director of Marketing Operations within the Marketing team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Develop and qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through calls and emails; uncover market opportunities for our sales team; identify client needs and suggest appropriate solutions
- Set up meetings between prospective clients and sales
- Inform marketing and other internal departments of what you are hearing from prospects including pain points, competitive intel, and competing priorities
- Continuously look for ways of improving lead generation activities and results
- Monitor the opportunity as it progresses through the CRM/sales process and support the sales representative as need
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
Please apply only if you have:
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Articulate and confident phone and email communicator
- An understanding of the impact of our products and how we solve our customers problems
- Great sense of humor, friendly, and motivated
- BA or BS degree preferred
WHAT'S NICE FOR YOU TO HAVE
- Experience in a SaaS business
- Experience in K-12 market
Education is undergoing a technology revolution with new devices and tools being added to the classroom every day and IT departments are responsible for keeping all this technology managed, safe and working. That is where we come in! Lightspeed Systems, ed-tech provider and leader in K-12 device filtering for 20 years, partners with schools to make learning safe, managed and mobile. Learn more at www.lightspeedsystems.com.
We love our employees, and we show it. A sneak peek into our BENEFITS & PERKS include:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance with healthy company contribution toward premiums.
- Wellness: Lightspeed kicks cash into your HSA if you participate in our HDHP. Employees are provided an adjustable desk and onsite gyms at some offices. Healthy Holiday and PTO policy.
- Retirement: 401(k) matching up to 6%
- Perks: Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages. Some lunches provided as well!