Business Development Representative at Okta
BDR’S are high energy professionals that drive the demand for our market-leading identity governance cloud solutions. Ideal candidates should be eager to demonstrate their ability to be sales driven self-starters. We’ll provide tools, training, & excellent mentorship/leadership that will help advance your sales career at Okta.
BDRs field inbound leads. They are not aligned to a territory or specific AE. They reach out to leads who have participated in an Okta campaign, qualify these leads, and set meetings for the appropriate AE.
Our culture is built on our vision, people and values; to enable any company to adopt any technology anywhere. While working towards that vision, our people embody our values of customer success, innovation, transparency, and integrity. Together, we are boundless.
- Qualify, follow up, and educate a high volume of inbound leads to set meetings for the correct AE
- Generate qualified meetings and opportunities for AEs using Okta’s qualification criteria
- Use Okta’s sales tools to research leads and accounts
- Generate interest through cold discovery calls and email campaigns
- Utilize listening skills to understand and uncover customer needs and business problems to effectively communicate how Okta can solve them
- Work closely with the Marketing team to drive continuous improvement in lead quality, conversion rates, and pipeline generation
- Provide accurate lead distribution and thorough discovery to the assigned AE
- Use and maintain the Salesforce.com system according to Okta’s standards
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual
- A desire to grow and advance a career in sales
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.