Business Development Representative, Outbound at Lyft (Remote)
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
We are looking to hire for our team! The Business Development Representative is responsible for building sales pipeline by qualifying outbound prospect leads and accounts. Specific responsibilities include successfully using sales tools to discover opportunities and hand-off qualified leads to assigned Account Executives.
This individual will respond to and drive conversations with interested & qualified prospects. The individual will need to quickly build rapport with clients and ask the right questions to ensure prospects are qualified to the right levels. Once qualified this person will pass the lead off to the appropriate account executive to close and launch the deal. Additionally, this person will work as the liaison between the Mid Market team and the Small Business team to develop close cross-functional relationships between two very high performing sales organizations.Responsibilities:
- Qualify and develop outbound leads and respond to client product enquiries
- Complete, accurate tracking of communication with current and potential customers in SFDC
- Schedule demonstrations between Account Executives and potential customers
- Work closely with SBS to ensure that leads are properly routed and support the transition of accounts between SBS and the Mid Market team
- Ability to perform basic research about a company / lead
- Bachelor's degree OR 1+ years experience in Sales or Business Development
- Excellent time management skills
- Superb written and spoken communication skills
- A keen sense of organization and autonomy
- Understanding of MS Office Suite or Google Office Suite
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
The work responsibilities of this role are open to all time zones.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states and territory: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming, Puerto Rico.
For candidates living in Colorado the expected base pay range is $21.22 - $26.10 hourly and depending on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location.
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft’s accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.