Business Development Representative (Open LMS) COL, Bogotá at Learning Technologies Group plc (Remote)
Open LMS is a Moodle-based Learning Management System that helps educators improve the learning experience and outcomes of millions of learners across the globe. In partnership with our community of educators, we continually innovate to better enable educators, parents, and learners of all types to teach, learn, connect, and communicate whenever they want and wherever they are. Most importantly, we help every student achieve their full potential through access to lifelong learning.
For more information about Open LMS, please visit our website, and to get a feel for our culture and meet members of the team, hit our YouTube channel.About the team
Open LMS has a team-first mentality. We take pride in winning and growing as a team, incredibly collaborative, innately motivated, and invested in continuous learning. The Sales team is responsible for growing our medium to the large client base and educating prospects on the tenets of online learning.
The BDR team works in an interdisciplinary environment and collaborates with designers, engineers, analysts, marketers, sales representatives, product managers, to help buyers to solve the problem they face, as they ensure that their employees, students, and other stakeholders have engaging and successful training and learning experiences.
The role of the Business Development Representative (BDR) is to identify, connect, and qualify leads for the Sales teams. The BDR will conduct discovery calls, chats, and other prospect engagements to qualify the prospect. The BDR will connect the qualified prospective buyer to a salesperson to continue through the sales process. For product trial users, the BDR would act as a coach for target prospect accounts so they can maximize their engagement, and adopt good practices with the product so they can connect with the sales team on a more mature state of their product consideration cycle.What you’ll be doing
In one month you’ll
- Attend comprehensive organization training and learn the Open LMS story, how we work, and our goals for the future
- Experience product training, including learning how to use the product from different roles.
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and meet with other key players
- Start working on your own pitch.
- Learn the buyer personas and formulate creative outreach.
- Learn about our user journey, product-led initiatives, our inbound marketing efforts, and our “human-in-the-loop” engagement model.
- Learn best practices for what makes Open LMS Customers successful.
- Schedule your first couple of meetings with target accounts.
By month 3 you'll
- Master Open LMS product and have a good understanding of the industry
- Fully understand our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally
- Work with Account Executives and marketing professionals to develop a territory plan.
- Continue to learn conversational and social prospecting tactics.
- Schedule meetings that convert to the pipeline through well-crafted prospecting messages
- Continue to learn about the ever-changing industry
- Work closely with marketing and growth teams to improve the size and quality of your pipeline.
By month 6 you'll
- Master conversational prospecting tactics
- Be crushing your lead conversion objectives
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
- Bring your thinking, strategy, and ideas to the team to formulate new experiments to drive growth
About you and what types of skills you’ll need:
If what you just read excites you, we’d love to talk to you. We are looking for people who can challenge, inspire and motivate us to make amazing things happen for our customers with an experimental mindset. We have a strong preference for:
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; phenomenal teammate
- Positive and energetic phone/video call skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Willingness to try new things and learn from challenges
- Confident and love sharing success with your team
- Take extreme ownership of your work and continuously strive for improvement
- Ability to succeed without all the answers
- You don’t need someone to tell you what to do 🙂 (you’re able to prioritize your work independently).
- You are comfortably fluent in English, including writing documentation and engaging with prospective customers.
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.