Business Development Representative - Nordics (1 year FTC) (Remote) at Vonage
We strive to innovate and enhance our customers’ ability to communicate within today’s digital, cloud and real-time business environment. Our sales team is composed of highly-motivated, energetic and customer-focused Team Members that expand existing accounts/channels and find new clients for company products and services.Why this role matters
As a Business Development Representative you will be responsible for creating, identifying, and qualifying new sales opportunities. Your final goal will be to schedule meetings with qualified prospects, and pass them on to our Sales counterparts.
As a Vonage API Sales representative, you will be the very first point of contact a potential customer will have with a Vonage API and play a vital role not only in generating sales pipeline, but helping us refine sales and marketing strategy based on your interactions and successes with prospects.
There are tremendous growth opportunities within this position and team; you will have a chance to learn and develop skills on B2B technology sales, marketing and more. We are growing rapidly and we expect our team to grow to more senior positions (Sales, Senior Sales, Management) across the organisation as we gain experience and achieve higher levels of performance.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...What you'll do
- Performing inbound & outbound sales activities, and contact potential clients through phone/video calls, emails, LinkedIn or other channels
- Discovering new leads through creative internet research and social media monitoring/messaging, using LinkedIn Navigator and other sales tools
- Qualifying customers based on a thorough knowledge of Vonage API platform products
- Keeping meticulous and detailed notes updated in our CRM system
- Scheduling meetings and demos for our Account Managers
- Collaborating with marketing, account managers, and sales leadership to optimize performance
- Achieve monthly targets number of qualified Appointments & new sales Opportunities
- Develop and maintain territory plan with Account Managers from your assigned geography
- A hunter mindset and willingness to talk on the phone with prospects
- Ability to work at a fast pace to have as many meaningful interactions with prospects as possible each day
- Highly collaborative mindset and you are a team player - our success is together, not alone.
- Creativity around new ideas to help the team be successful
- Autonomy and ability to make things happen without supervision or tight control
- Keen interest in growing their career in tech
- Excellent listening, verbal and written skills
- Sales Development / Lead generation and or sales experience in B2B environments, especially in the software industry
- Cold calling: experience of making dozens of calls per day through inbound lead follow-up (50%) and outbound cold calls and emails (50%)
- Previous experience in lead generation
- Nordic Language (either Swedish or Finnish)
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides a culture of diversity, equality and inclusion, competitive pay & benefits including unlimited holidays.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.