Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2022 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm is the world’s #1 brand for mental fitness and our Calm Health team is furthering our mission to make the world happier and healthier by bringing our offering into the employee benefits space. Calm Health is helping companies build a more resilient organization by promoting better sleep, reducing stress and anxiety, and developing consistent mindfulness practices. We offer accessible and effective content to meet the needs of any diverse workforce. With our proven launch strategy and marketing resources, plus ongoing engagement programs and account support, we take the stress out of employee benefits.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to play a crucial role in increasing the qualified enterprise pipeline of new opportunities and sales volume across Calm’s products and services.
What You’ll Do:
The ideal candidate would be a self-starter with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up and sales development experience at multiple executive levels within an organization. They are creative, passionate, and driven team-players. Day-to-day responsibilities include prospecting to enterprise companies, routing new enterprise leads to Account Executives, and tracking various data points that will help optimize our sales efforts. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life and be inspired by Calm's mission of improving wellness, join us for an adventure that will define your career.
- Utilize a consistent contact attempt process via phone, email, and social media to nurture, qualify, and set appointments with prospects either through cold calling or by following up on leads generated by marketing campaigns
- Prospect, educate and qualify leads to create sales-ready opportunities
- Establishing rapport with all levels of buyers including senior executives
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Understanding a lead’s needs and effectively communicating how Calm will meet them
- Follow the established pre-sales process and consistently use Salesforce.com to document prospect interaction ensuring efficient lead management
- Keep abreast of the industry and technologies to ensure you are a trusted resource to prospects and customers
- Ensure 100% satisfaction with all prospects and customers
Who You Are:
- Four-year degree or relevant work experience
- At least 1 year of previous sales development experience at a technology company required
- Consistent measurable over-achievement in past experiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- A “get it done now” attitude
- High-energy, passion, and a positive attitude
- Familiarity with Outreach.io or similar systems
- Experience with Salesforce is strongly preferred
- Interest in wellness, meditation, and resilience a plus
- Previous success with selling into HR and Benefits teams is a plus
- Fluency in Spanish, German, Portuguese or French is a plus
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.