Business Development Representative (BDR) at Litera (Remote)
Litera , headquartered in Chicago, IL, is a fast-growing software company and one of the leading legal technology suppliers in the world. Serving more than 90% of the world's largest law firms, our software is used by hundreds of thousands of lawyers every day. As a company recognized as one of the best places to work, we believe professional development, rewards programs, open communication, and transparent leadership all contribute to a unique and open work environment. Our employees are driven, energetic, passionate, and have the ability to make a direct impact on the future of the company.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for managing inbound leads, engaging with law firm partners and C-suite executives, and providing qualified leads for our Large Law West segment. This is a high impact position that contributes to our overall growth by delivering sales results through strategic account management, retention, influence, and relationship-building. Our BDRs work daily with Account Executives, Product Account Executives, Solutions Engineers, and other Pre-Sales team members to build and cultivate relationships to identify and execute strategies that substantially expands our business.
A Day in the Life
- Earn credibility as a trusted advisor within your territory
- Manage inbound leads, MQLs, and outbound cadences
- Collaborate with the Demand Generation team to effectively engage with Marketing Qualified Leads
- Actively listen, understand customer objectives, and articulate relevant technology and business trends and benefits; ensure solutions achieve these goals
- Work cross-functionally to develop detailed account plans to nurture and expand relationships and grow our partnership within each firm
Within 1 Month, You Will:
- Complete Litera New Hire Onboarding
- Participate in instructor-led Sales Bootcamp
- Learn best practices, processes, and business tools, including Salesforce and Microsoft Office
- Be prepared to effectively manage all steps of the inbound sales process
Within 3 Months, You Will:
- Create and deliver presentations, proposals, and product demonstrations with support from Pre-Sales and other team members
- Schedule and lead Discovery calls
Within 6 Months, You Will:
- Be a frequent collaborator with Marketing Demand Generation
- Consistently generate new pipeline to drive growth
- Be a key contributor to Sales QBR presentations for your territory
- You are resilient and not afraid to fail
- You are energized by navigating complex organizations and decision-making processes
- You can earn credibility as a trusted advisor with c-suite and senior leaders within large organizations
- You are keen on organization, collaboration, getting things done, and routinely meet metric-based goals
- Comfortable with a quickly changing environment
- Thrive on open transparency, communication, and collaboration internally and externally
We strive to stay current with all employment trends and prioritize flexibility, employee well-being, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Most of our employees are fully remote, and we do not have a return-to-office plan as we are more successful working remotely. Our generous PTO and ten flexible holidays promote work-life balance. And all our employees are encouraged to access personal development courses and tools in our internal learning management system.
Litera is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or age.
Note: As we continually reevaluate pay transparency rules and requirements, in order to ensure we are compliant, we believe a direct approach to be most accurate. If you are a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio or Washington resident and this role is physically available in your state or classified as remote, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Please send an email identifying the title of the role you are interested in and the state you reside in to [email protected] .