Skimmer is on a mission: to modernize the pool and spa service and repair industry by delivering a platform that is everything a pool pro needs to run their pool service business, all in one app. We’re a private equity backed company with 4500+ customers using Skimmer’s pool service software and running their businesses the modern way.
But we’re not stopping there. Our team is growing in leaps and bounds and we’re conquering new challenges every day. We’re looking for big thinkers with small egos to join us on our mission to transform this special and surprisingly large “niche” space.
Our customers love us almost as much as we love them (check out our reviews) and currently attract half of our new accounts from referrals.
So let's dive in! (That's the first of many pool puns!)
Our Values - at Skimmer we:
- Realize our customers' success is our success.
- Build humble, diverse teams who have fun winning.
- Drive results with urgency.
- Earn trust through transparent communication.
Who are you?
Our next BDR is a resilient hustler who is a strong communicator and super tech savvy. This is a consequential role as you'll be the first voice a pool pro hears from Skimmer. This is a great opportunity to hone your sales skills (and we see this role as an ideal training opportunity for you to eventually move into a sales role!)
What you'll do
- Identify potential Skimmer customers by researching leads and reaching out to them through various channels.
- Qualify these potential customers through discovery questions and active listening.
- Educate pool pros on the benefits of using Skimmer to run their businesses (which means you're going to learn Skimmer yourself!)
- Set up meaningful meetings for the sales team.
- Be a source of feedback for the sales and marketing teams (make these pros trust you!)
- 1+ years working in inside sales, support, customer service, or hospitality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (you'll be "on the front line," so the ability to connect is important)
Nice to haves
- An undergraduate degree.
- HubSpot experience.
- Prior SaaS or tech startup experience.
The role offers base pay plus uncapped variable pay based on achievement of goals.
- Generous medical, dental, and vision plans
- Immediate access to 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO (10 days MINIMUM each year)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (for birthing or adopting parent), 6 weeks paid parental leave for supporting parent
- Remote work friendly (Skimmer HQ is in Austin, but you're welcome to work wherever you're most productive. Over half our team is fully remote!)