Business Development Manager at Informa (Remote)
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.Job Description
We are looking to welcome a Business Development Manager to our Business Development Team. You will be responsible for business development with universities, research institutions, corporates, societies, associations, funders, etc. within the business scopes of Taylor & Francis and reporting to Business Development Director of Taylor & Francis China. You will be an important member of the team in helping us deliver support for both internal and external stakeholders by developing and maintaining strategic customer relationships with relevant bodies and researchers.
Please submit your application before advert. closing date 31th May 2022
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis and we will be interviewing alongside advertising. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Look for sustainable, trending scientific, technical and medical areas and invite scholars to organize academic activities or to act as authors and partners of T&F OA/OR journals and books.
- Drive articles to open access (OA) and open research (OR) journals and books.
- Collecting and presenting insights on new policies and put forth solutions to identify strategic opportunities.
- Develop and maintain stable and healthy relationships with the external stakeholders from government agencies (e.g. funders, societies, associations, etc.), universities, research institutions and corporates, and drive for cooperation opportunities with internal stakeholders.
- Seek out new potentials of T&F’s products and services, establishing partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (e.g. sales, marketing, editorial and content commissioning across both journals and books portfolios) to achieve annual targets and support long-term business development within the region.
- Comply with T&F’s business regulations and policies as well as professional ethics.
- Actively liaise with internal stakeholders in China, APAC and global teams to develop new revenue model.
- Developing impactful presence externally through various channels.
What we're looking for:
- 5-7 years of experience preferred in servicing researchers in scientific, technical and medical communities.
- Familiarity with academic conference process and conference affairs.
- Ability to identify collaboration opportunities from enterprises, hospitals, universities, institutions, government agencies, societies, associations, and funders, etc.
- Ability to make strategic analysis, judgments, and decisions, independently and collaboratively.
- Extensive knowledge in the academic publishing industry and the wider scholarly eco-system.
- Demand-driven mindset and working approaches. Positive and flexible attitudes, willing to tackle different types of tasks with the same level of effort and expertise.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to motivate others and drive for better teamwork and collaboration.
- Willingness to travel across provinces occasionally to meet customers, join conferences and organize activities, as required to achieve objectives.
- Fluent communication skill in both Chinese and English, oral and written.
- Bachelor or master qualification
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- You must have the right to work and live in China
- This role is open to candidates in all locations across Beijing
- Taylor & Francis has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the Office, at home or somewhere in between.
- Some travels within China (Covid-19 restrictions allow) may be required
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.