Business Development Manager at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The National Defense Strategic Business Unit works with members of the military, intelligence and defense communities to deliver space systems that drive mission success. From space situational awareness to Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, we provide resilient mission-level solutions for the nation’s greatest challenges.
Advanced Systems Manager II – Business Development
What You’ll Do:
- Lead capture activities to include coordination with Ball business development personnel, management of personnel in the development of technology solutions in response to stated customer needs, development/execution of capture plans and strategies, and customer relationship management.
- Coordinate contacts with key government and industry customers.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, business opportunities, strategies, competitive intelligence, and technology forecasts commensurate with company financial and strategic plans.
- Assess advanced architectures and mission CONOPs, identify related business opportunities, and develop or leverage Ball technologies, sensors, and/or platforms as an offering for the identified opportunity.
- Work with Ball’s National Defense mission area leads to manage activities surrounding pursuit of advanced pathfinder and technology opportunities and subsequent acquisition and execution of new business that supports those mission areas.
- Lead architecture development for relevant technology and subsystem architectures for emerging missions and payloads.
- Develop and execute IRAD strategy related to advanced systems within National Security Space.
- Foster innovative design approaches and rapid prototyping for emerging technologies within company procedures and policies.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Engineering, Math, or Physics preferred.
- MS degree is preferred.
- Experience in aerospace, DoD, and/or IC.
- TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Experience as a lead or program manager with payload architectures and development.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and/or hardware demonstrations.
- Experience with scoping and executing internal research and development (IRAD) programs.
- Strong technical competence in any or all the following is required: advanced GEOINT payloads, TCPED, advanced constellations, onboard processing, space protection, USG pathfinder systems, and ISR technology.
- Preferred experience: 5-10 years with advanced or special programs, systems, payloads, architectures, and mission architectures for the intelligence community.
- Experience in supporting DoD and/or IC proposals as well as knowledge of government acquisition strategy.
- Experience operating within classified program environments is a strong plus.
- Must be a superb presenter with documented presentation experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Strong program management skills and demonstrated ability to grow new business opportunities.
- Strong written communication and technology evaluation skills.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant technical environments.
- Influencing, communication, and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- This position requires travel up to 30%.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $132,500 - $183,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.