What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 7M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About the role
Fetch Rewards’ next step in evolving the shopping experience will require a Manager, Business Development. This position can be located anywhere in the US but ideally would be in the greater Chicago, IL area.
Our Manager, Business Development owns the creation of partner development for a segment of our CPG vertical. The Manager, Business Development works to identify, create and strengthen relationships with senior executives within each partner organization in order to stay connected to the measures that matter most to each organization, both as a whole and to each individual functional area.
In addition to maintaining working relationships with Fetch clients and internal Fetch stakeholders, the Manager, Business Development will own the ongoing assessment of client priorities and schedule of deliverables that will provide an ongoing connection to the unique value that Fetch provides. The ultimate evaluation of a MBD’s efforts will be the creation of new partners, renewal of each partner and ability to identify additional revenue opportunities.
- Source, develop and maintain a pipeline of new potential partnerships in the CPG vertical
- Create and execute a business development strategy to build-out partnerships
- Schedule and execute face-to-face client meetings
- Develop and deliver sales/marketing presentations for potential partners
- Lead and drive the proposal development process
- Drive contract negotiation and end to end launch execution with new partners
- Leverage data to gain better understanding of existing and potential customers
- Drive, track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics (internal and external) and business trends as they relate to business partners and the industry vertical.
- Utilizes market data, consumer trends and all applicable research to inform approaches to new business development
- Aligns development ideas and opportunities align with division growth goals
- Reports goals, plans and progress to the Sr. Director, Business Development
- Maintain direct and active relationships with business partners, including proactively resolving business and technical issues and serving as an internal advocate.
- Remain knowledgeable on relevant market and industry trends, competition and compliance requirements; develop a deep understanding of customer needs, priorities and pain points.
- Previous experience selling into the CPG vertical is preferred
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving/decision-making and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Comfort working with data, visualizations and spreadsheets
- Ability to handle stress and conflict
- Ability to work at strategic, operational, tactical and customer-facing levels.
- Thought leader that has the ability to confidently share their vision to all audiences.
- Data driven communicator.
- Track record of building consultative relationships and creative solutions that allow partners to unlock the full potential of their brands.
- Demonstrated record of execution, accomplishment, tracking and post-mortem analysis.
- Passionate about innovation.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Strong change management skills.