At Center, we’re building forward-looking technology to simplify how people work. Our transformative expense management solution is purposely built and offers three important advantages: it eliminates expense reporting for employees, radically reduces the amount of time needed to process expenses in the finance department, and offers real-time reporting and insights to drive cost-savings, analyze trends, and hit budget targets.
The Center team believes that great businesses are built by people who share common values. For us that means a passion for invention, a deep commitment to the customer, integrity, and operating with a sense of care and respect for one another. Working at Center you'll be joining a team that is intellectually curious, has a high degree of personal ownership and accountability, and values teamwork and collaboration.
Center is a hyper-growth SaaS company backed by the co-founder of Concur. We constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees to thrive and do great work. We are a distributed workforce and have two amazing workspaces in Bellevue, WA and Minneapolis, MN.
Center is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to oversee a team of Business Development Representatives and manage the daily execution of our prospecting strategy and plans. The Business Development function plays a critical role in the growth of our organization and you will leverage your background to optimize processes and systems that drive new business, working in collaboration with other Business Development Managers, as well as Sales, Marketing, and RevOps. You will be responsible for leading a team to execute a variety of efforts that identify and develop qualified opportunities and ultimately drive new revenue. The ideal candidate has experience creating a large pipeline of business and coaching a team to consistently deliver results.
You Will Have the Opportunity To:
- Directly manage a team of high-performing Business Development Representatives; oversee work and drive priorities
- Help shape and optimize strategies and processes that scale pipeline growth
- Play an integral role in onboarding new team members and enable the success and progression of your team members
- Carry responsibility for managing and directing end-to-end motions involving multiple stakeholders and complexities
- Independently resolve issues and maintain clear communication with direct reports and management
- Understand broader company context and effectively collaborate across the business
- Collaborate with business development leadership to establish team targets, measure the achievement of objectives, and manage through dependencies
- Evaluate talent and participate in organizational planning
What You Will Bring to the Role:
- 4+ years of relevant business development or sales experience; experience with enterprise software or cloud-based technology is preferred
- 1-2+ years of experience directly managing business development or sales reps; proven track record of leading a team to deliver results
- Experience with Salesforce and sales engagement software (i.e., Outreach) is required
- Ability to attract, develop, and retain early career talent
- Deep sense of ownership and accountability; ability to operate at any level
- Passion for pipeline generation; strong analytical skills and fluency in measuring, monitoring, and reporting on performance
- Self-motivated, organized, and adaptable; comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining detail-orientation to drive optimal results
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to distill information into clear direction
- Highly collaborative; proven ability to build positive cross-functional relationships
- Ability to travel as needed. If remote, traveling to the Minneapolis office multiple times per quarter is required.
- Additional travel to team events may take place once or twice per year.
- Passion for the customer
- Fast learner, with an open mind, and a team-oriented mentality
- Self-starter, with the ability and willingness to grow
- An entrepreneurial spirit: flexible and willing to pitch in where needed
- Ready to have fun, keep perspective and be part of an amazing team
· Backed by the co-founder of Concur
· All team members have the opportunity to make a critical impact at an early stage business
· An experienced management team that understands the space and knows how to build high performing teams
· Ownership through stock option grants
· Competitive base salary compensation package
· Comprehensive health insurance plan
· Flexible, self-managed PTO policy
· 401k program
· Great co-workers and a collaborative team that is passionate about helping every business to get the most out of every dollar they spend!
Center is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.