At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
All employees either must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, initiate vaccination before your start date, or file an exemption request prior to start date per company policy for review. Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and employees are remote until further notice. This is being closely monitored as the situation evolves. Although it’s likely our offices will reopen, positions hired outside of Civis office locations will be remote roles.
What we are looking for
Our advocacy and political team is looking for a Business Development Manager to acquire customers, build partnerships, and maintain productive client relationships for our data science products and services. You will be the face of Civis Analytics to the market and our clients, responsible for their ultimate success with our solutions. You will source new organizations and campaigns - build and drive relationships with key client stakeholders, identify and close growth opportunities, and ensure existing clients are content and renew.
You will also coordinate cross-functional company resources as the relationship lead to enable the success of your clients. You must be able to work well with others who approach problems from different perspectives, but you will be expected to challenge and improve the way we operate.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive business plans to address prospect priorities and needs within the progressive advocacy and political space
- Source and close new organization sales opportunities to achieve revenue targets and increase market share
- Build consensus and develop relationships at multiple levels; executive sponsors, decision makers, and procurement teams
- Manage all phases of the sales lifecycle including: identifying and developing leads; meeting with clients; developing value propositions and case studies; financial deal structuring; contract negotiation and closing
- Articulate account updates and update leadership on the progressive market
- Develop a relationship with the broader advocacy community and do outreach to educate the market on Civis tools, services and success
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional internal teams to scope solutions and ensure proper implementation
- 5+ years of successful data/ analytics experience in progressive politics
- No sales experience required (but preferred)
- Expertise within the progressive advocacy/ political market Strong understanding and passion for data science, and the use of predictive analytics in the public sector
- Experience with progressive political analytics including experience with Civis platform or products a plus
- Proven ability to write proposals, build cost and pricing estimates of proposed work, and sell the work to new or existing clients
- Experience presenting completed work or pitching new work to executive audiences
- Proven ability to marshal internal resources, as appropriate, to enable client success
- Experience in a startup, or fast-paced professional services firm
- Ability to travel (up to 40% as business needs dictate)
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW