Cover Genius is a Series C global Insurtech with a vision to protect all the customers of the world’s largest digital companies. Partners such as Booking.com, eBay, Shopee, Ola, Wayfair and AXS have integrated XCover, our insurance distribution platform that embeds protection for millions of worldwide customers each year.
Our team and products have been recognized with dozens of awards including by the Financial Times who ranked Cover Genius as the #1 fastest growing company in APAC in 2020. Our diverse team across 10 countries and many language groups commits itself to diverse cultural programs, in particular “CG Gives” which makes social entrepreneurs out of us all and funds development initiatives in global communities.
Our People are Bold, Authentic, Purposeful and Inspired
Our People are not Perfect, Traditional, Complacent or Cautious
About the role
Working closely with the VP, Strategic Partnerships for the Fintech vertical, you will be responsible for the development and growth of accounts in North America. You will be a key figure in optimizing the sales strategy and deal execution from research to lead generation through senior stakeholder engagement.
What your week will look like
- Work with the VP, Strategic Partnership to identify, develop, structure and close complex partnership deals with target partner organizations that deliver enduring value to the business.
- Leverage existing connections to build and cultivate a deep and trusted network amongst influential decision makers within key target organizations.
- Grow the Cover Genius brand within the specialist vertical through representation at industry events and broader networking.
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure pitches to prospective partners are delivered effectively to partners, with clarity on the product solution.
- Work with Client Solutions Engineering team during implementation, ensuring timely delivery of solutions that meet or exceed client expectations.
What the ideal profile looks like
- Minimum 3-5 years commercial business development/partnerships experience within fintech, payments, banking industry.
- Proven track-record for meeting and exceeding revenue targets and performance driven KPIs.
- Proven experience in executing a strategy to deliver performance against agreed lead gen KPIs.
- Demonstrated passion and agility leading within high-growth technology companies/startups.
- Strong network and successful track record within fintech or payments desirable.
- Experience executing B2B2C or B2B2B distribution models desirable.
- Experience with embedded fintech or embedded software partnerships highly desirable.
- First class communication skills, able to present, negotiate and influence at C-level.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams (Incl. engineering, product and finance) to deliver high quality outcomes to timelines.
- Appetite and enthusiasm for working as part of a small collegial team that is not afraid of getting their hands dirty and supporting each other.
- A proactive bias to action, and drive to achieve results.
- Background in insurtech highly favored.
Why Cover Genius?
Cover Genius not only cares about being the best in our industry, we care about our team. We’re a business that understands life can be fluid and so we flex to ensure we provide the environment to suit that. Some of the benefits we have are:
• Flexible Work Environment - we are outcome focussed and understand that for our people to perform at their best flexibility is critical. With the recent impact of Covid we gave 15 days additional leave to all employees for when they need a break and some well-deserved downtime.
• Employee Stock Options - we want our people to share in our success, we reward them with ownership for their contribution in creating a world-class company.
• Unlimited leave. It's easier and more flexible for everyone.
• Social Initiatives - pictures speak a thousand words!
Sound interesting? If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
* The health and safety of our people, family and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they are not subject to an applicable legal exemption; therefore all offers will be subject to proof of vaccination or an attestation of exemption. Please speak to us if you have any questions regarding our reasonable accommodations process based on your individual circumstances.
Read Full Job Description