Business Development Leader, Central America and the Caribbean – Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) at Visa Inc, (Miami, FL)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA), the consulting arm of Visa, is a global team of industry experts in strategy, marketing, operations, risk and economics consulting, with decades of experience in the payments industry. Our VCA teams offers
- Consulting services customized to the needs of Visa client’s business objectives and strategy
- Business and economic insights and perspectives that impact business and investment decisions
- Self-service digital solutions Visa clients can leverage to improve performance in product, marketing and operations
- Proven data-driven marketing strategies to increase clients’ ROI
VCA team is looking for an individual to join our consulting practice and play a key role developing and delivering high impact projects for Visa’s clients in Central America and the Caribbean. The potential candidate will be part of our consulting practice in the Central America and Caribbean subregion, assuring the delivery and implementing of projects and solutions with issuers, acquirers, and merchants. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both, the preferred brand and unique business partner.
Potential engagements could include portfolio management diagnostics, authorization optimization strategies, assessments of digital product and marketing programs, development of new products with implementation roadmaps, optimizing client customer servicing processes, among others.
Specific responsibilities include
- Proactively engage with clients and Visa leadership in regular strategic & planning discussions cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with clients
- Leads consulting initiatives and contributes to closing engagement by identifying potential opportunities with clients
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing, sales, merchants, risk, products, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Produce insights and analyses to improve client performance, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the payment P&L
- Ability to effectively manipulate and analyze large data sets (industry and Visa) to determine meanings insights and recommendations for clients
- Build new solutions, toolkits, best practice documents and consulting approach that can be applied across VCA practice
Incumbents applying for the role should be motivated, analytic individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to clients support the growth and performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with clients and across the Visa organization.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.Qualifications
•10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
•10 years of management consulting (with relevant industry experience in financial services/payment),
or retail banking/cards management experience
•Substantial problem solving ability with strategic focus on impacting ROI
•Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
•Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
•Experience in several key issuer business areas, such as portfolio management, marketing, product management, operations, risk management, for cards
•Understanding of card issuers' P&L and critical factors in driving profitability
•Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.