[As of June 2020, Quora has become a "remote-first" company. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere, regardless of any location that might be specified above.]About Quora:
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of personal experience in people's heads, or buried in books and research papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds -- from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences -- so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.About the Team:
The Business Development team helps drive Quora's worldwide Revenue and Product growth by identifying exciting opportunities across existing and future markets – and then working to make them happen. We drive team decisions, lead negotiations, run post-launch performance evaluations, and more.About the Role:
As a member of the Business Development team, you will work collaboratively across functions (legal, finance, product, engineering, marketing) to accelerate strategy, execution, and product development. You will identify areas of opportunity, perform impact analysis, define value capture initiatives and evolve the business by leading key initiatives, and bringing partnerships to life.
This is a fun and unique opportunity to help shape Quora’s Business Development team, and deliver incredible impact as Quora grows its partner portfolio.
- Work collaboratively with partners and across internal functions to identify and evaluate strategic opportunities.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams, influence decision-making within senior-level audiences, and help drive decision-making.
- Work closely with internal cross-functional leaders in product, legal, engineering, marketing, PR, and more to both drive prioritized initiatives to completion, and bring partnerships to life.
- Drive the end-to-end partner onboarding process: work with 3rd parties, negotiate business terms, drive contracts to completion, and support launching partner initiatives.
- Measure and report on key metrics throughout the planning and execution process, and identify recommendations to change course, grow, or cancel an initiative.
- Stay current on various markets, industry trends, the competitive landscape, and internal product development efforts. Leverage this knowledge to help educate product teams and evaluate deal opportunities.
- Minimum 4-hour timezone overlap with US hours of 9am - 5pm Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- 3+ years experience in Business Development / Project Management / Special Projects / Consulting.
- 1+ years of experience working in tech, ad tech or online publishing.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication, and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across multiple teams.
- Comfortable working under deadlines and producing key deliverables.
- Experience breaking down complex projects into sub-parts and project managing cross-functionally with software engineers, product managers, and business leaders.
- Experience launching and managing business initiatives involving partners.
- Experience reviewing & negotiating contracts.
- Ability to think end-to-end, manage long-term projects, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience impact modeling & forecasting experience to support driving business decisions.
- Passion for Quora's mission and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) disclosure