Business Development Executive at Informa (Remote)
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.Job Description
We are looking to add a Business Development Executive to our Business Development Team. You will be responsible for business development with universities, research institutions, corporates, societies, associations, funders, etc. within the business scopes of Taylor & Francis and report to Business Development Director of Taylor & Francis China.
Please submit your application before advert. Jun. 30th 2022
Applications are shortlisted on a rolling basis and we will be interviewing alongside advertising. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Look for sustainable hot scientific and technic areas and invite scholars to organize academic conferences.
- Drive articles from academic conferences to open access (OA) and open research (OR) journals.
- Look for hot scientific and technic subjects/topics and invite scholars to act as guest editors of special issues of OA and OR journals.
- Develop and maintain stable and healthy relationships with the external stakeholders from government agencies (such as funders, societies, associations, etc.), universities, research institutions and corporates, and drive cooperation opportunities (e.g., new journal launching, new book publishing, academic communication training, journal database buying, print books and e-books buying, etc.) from them to the internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (including the sales, marketing, editorial and content commissioning staff of journals and books) and support business development within China.
- Comply with T&F’s business regulations and policies as well as professional ethics.
- Actively liaise with other stakeholder departments to enhance T&F's coverage in the region.
- Continually develop the T&F brands and profiles, building increasing awareness across the region by making presence externally through various channels.
What we're looking for:
- Ability to search, collect, analyze, and present information for purpose of decision support based on governmental policies, industry data, and bibliographic databases such as WOS, Engineering Village, Scopus, Dimension, CNKI, etc.
- Experience in servicing researchers in scientific and technic communities.
- Experience of inviting scholars to organize academic conferences, forums, and seminars.
- Familiarity with academic conference process and conference affairs.
- Experience in selling services to hospitals, state-owned and private research labs, and government agencies.
- Knowledge of the academic publishing industry and the wider scholarly eco-system.
- Positive and flexible attitudes, willing to take on different types of tasks with the same level of effort and expertise.
- Willingness to travel across provinces occasionally to meet customers, join conferences and help organize academic activities, as required to achieve objectives.
- Demand-driven thinking skills and working approaches.
- Ability for oral and written expression in both Chinese and English.
- Bachelor or master qualification preferred.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- You must have the right to work and live in China
- This role is open to candidates in all locations across Beijing
- Taylor & Francis has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the Office, at home or somewhere in between.
- Some travels within China (Covid-19 restrictions allow) may be required
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.