Business Development Executive Middle Market - Merchant Services - (Covering NYC, Northeast Region) at FIS
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the role:
In the role as a Business Development Executiveon the Middle Market Banking team covering Capital One, you will focus on building relationships with assigned Treasury Managers and Commercial Relationship Bankers. You'll work closely with those partners to identify merchant opportunities within their vast portfolio's. Once identified you'll engage those clients to understand their receivable and processing needs with the goal of providing quality solutions to enhance their payment acceptance.
- Develops new business opportunities to achieve sales goals by working with assigned partners.
- Ask, listen, and learn about the client's business to offer qualified solutions to meet their payment needs. Focusing on strategic interaction with clients and partners is a key.
- Responsible for full life cycle of client engagement including solutioning, pricing, contract negotiation and implementation.
- Responsible for both client and partner trainings and presentations both in person and via digital media.
- Strong focus on communication, both verbally and in writing with a variety of leadership individuals including (C-suite executives).
- Self-directed learning to keep pace with evolving complexities of the payment's world.
- Must follow sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory compliance requirements.
- Here at FIS, we strive to Win as one team, Lead with Integrity and Be the change!
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of Commercial/Middle Market sales and payments experience.
- Strong knowledge of the merchant services industry, their products, and services.
- Excellent communication skills with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and partners while influencing others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to negotiate, engage in contract renegotiations, and have that difficult conversation when necessary.
- Understanding of risk mitigation for the client, the partner and FIS while operating under our guidelines to protect all parties.
- Strong time management skills with a focus of meeting various deadlines and project timelines.
- Ability to coordinate with internal stakeholders to resolve client issues and communicate effectively to completion.
- Strong knowledge of SalesForce.com, DocuSign, and all MS Office tools including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
What we offer you:
At FIS, you can learn, grow and make an impact in your career. Our benefits include:• Flexible and creative work environment• Diverse and collaborative atmosphere• Professional and personal development resources• Opportunities to volunteer and support charities• Competitive salary and benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.