Business Development Director (Additive Manufacturing) at Shapeways (Remote)
Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, a wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001-compliant manufacturing facilities in Long Island City, NY, and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In September 2021, Shapeways became a publicly-traded company on the NYSE under the ticker SHPW.
Why is a Business Development Director (Additive Manufacturing) important to us?
Shapeways’ growing customer base consists of both B2C and B2B customers; small-to-Medium (SMB) and Enterprise businesses. As a Business Development Director, you will be responsible for customer acquisition for SMB and Enterprise businesses across all potential technologies and verticals.
We are seeking a seasoned additive manufacturing business development professional with a proven track record in identifying & converting revenue opportunities, building and managing complex and longer sales cycles, and executing business expansion strategies. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, be independently responsible for achieving business results while collaborating closely with key stakeholders to execute the day-to-day operation. This is a fully remote role (US-based) that will report directly to our Director of Sales. Post Covid-19, you will be required to travel up to 30% within your assigned territory.
As a Business Development Director you will be responsible for:
- Revenue Growth - Work closely with the Director of Sales to develop a robust sales strategy, lead by your industry experience and by using data and market insights, to reach new customers across different industries
- Consultative Sales - Understanding customers challenges and requirements and building a solution from the Shapeways manufacturing portfolio that meets their needs
- Build, maintain, and effectively manage a healthy sales pipeline and hit/exceed new logo sales targets on a monthly basis
- Work collaboratively with senior leaders across Shapeways to drive customer revenue
- Work with customers on solution pricing & finalization of commercial agreements
- Understand and report on the competitive landscape and market trends to senior leadership
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- 10+ years of sales and/or business development in the additive or traditional manufacturing
- Experience sourcing sales leads and creating innovative ways to both engage and acquire new customers
- An established book of business w/ deep connections in the Additive Manufacturing space; bonus if your connections span across multiple verticals (aerospace/architecture/automotive/dental/medical, etc.)
- A proven history of overachieving targets and KPIs
- Experience using modern sales technologies; Salesforce experience a must
- Exceptional and engaging communication and presentation skills
- A hunter mentality - you own and drive your book of business
- Ability to work independently with very little guidance and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and leadership
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- Ownership - Every Shapeways employee will be granted equity in the company
- 401(k) with Employer Match - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Learning & Development - Through continued education/mentorship on the job and our investment in LinkedIn Learning, we’re focused on your growth as a working professional