LOCATION: Hartford, CT office
WORK SCHEDULE: M-F, 9am-5pm, standard business hours, subject to change according to business needs. This is a hybrid role.
TITLE: Business Development Consultant
REPORTING TO: Head of National Sales
Covr is listed as one of Forbes' Top 500 Start Up Companies of 2021! Covr is a digital life insurance platform that makes it easy to protect what matters most: you and your family. Covr partners with financial institutions that share the belief that life insurance should be simple and transparent and part of a total financial plan. Through Covr's technology, financial advisors and their customers can research and purchase affordable life insurance from well-known insurance companies without the hassles of the traditional process - all within a matter of minutes. Our employees enjoy a casual dress code, flexible hours, great benefits package, competitive wages, and more. We have a strong culture based on our core values: Client First, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Fun!
Our team is growing! The Business Development Consultant is an entry level inside sales position at Covr. This role’s primary responsibility would be to call financial advisors who have access to Covr’s platform to deliver Covr’s value proposition and provide demos of the platform. This is largely an outbound calling position that will provide exceptional service to financial advisors. Expected to be courteous, responsive, and professional in helping advisors navigate and use the Covr platform.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Outbound calling campaigns
- Performs demos of our quoting platform over zoom and makes referrals to our Regional Insurance Consultants.
- Assists in providing insurance quotes to financial advisors for life insurance, disability income and asset based long term care.
- Continually learns and assists in guiding financial advisors on the use of the Covr digital insurance platform.
- Learns and assists in communicating benefits and features of various insurance products based on client needs.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Life Insurance or Finance service experience a plus but will train the right person
- Heavy customer service via phone a plus
- Life and health insurance license or willingness to obtain preferred but not required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Persistent marketer with proven track record of high performance/activity
- Strong customer service skills with a strong positive phone presence
- Excellent verbal communication skills, ability to build phone-based relationships
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task without losing focus.
- Must be a self-starter and ability to learn independently through experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Comfortable with routine, repetitive tasks
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal integrity and accountability
- Ability to articulate message quickly and effectively over the phone
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 3 weeks to start increasing with years of service
- Paid holidays – 10 days, including two 4-day weekends!
- Downtown parking subsidy
- Summer Hours Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision – 85% of monthly premium paid by Covr for all full-time employees
- HSA employer contribution of up to $800/yr
- Adult and child orthodontia
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with quarterly company contributions
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Pet insurance
- 401(k) with company match at 3.5%
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance of $25,000 for all full-time employees.
- Supplemental Life and AD&D insurance up to 5x’s salary for employee up to $300,000
- Supplemental Life and AD& D plans offered for spouse up to $100,00 and dependents up to $10,000
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): medical, dependent, parking and transit