Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Business Development team is looking for an Associate to build relationships with our most important partners, in support of the company’s key objectives. This role will give you exposure to how we work with strategic partners to unlock new customer growth, enable new services, increase retention and differentiate Coinbase.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage our most critical partners that help to power our product or key parts of our business. Spanning a broad range of partner types: payments, banking, technology integrations/developers, market data and publishers.
- Collaborate with deal lead and product teams to understand key terms and transition from deal negotiation phase to implementation and optimization.
- Work cross functionally with key stakeholders, e.g. finance, legal, compliance, security, to operationalize partnerships, set business goals and coordinate success metrics.
- Maintain healthy and productive relationships with partners, establishing shared milestones and KPIs and resolving business, policy and technical issues.
- Complete regular business reviews and look for opportunities to improve and grow our partner relationships.
- Provide strategic recommendations to stakeholders for expansion opportunities with existing partners that have direct impact on product roadmap and business goals.
- Negotiate changes to existing agreements in addition to new amendments meant to expand relationship scope.
What we look for in you:
- Proven ability to lead complex projects: developing strong relationships with key internal and external partners, communicating clearly, solving problems, holding difficult conversations and driving towards key milestones / outcomes.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative), and organizational ability to lead several initiatives at once.
- Creativity, resourcefulness and persistence to drive towards outcomes while navigating a multifaceted environment.
- Seek opportunities to shape and improve the partner management process, share best practices, improve partner engagement and drive value creation.
- 3-5+ years relevant experience in consumer tech, financial services, fintech or management consulting.
Nice to haves:
- Demonstrated interest in digital assets.
- Experience in partner management or business development roles.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.