We are a very profitable and fast-growing healthcare startup -- a small and mighty team of 150 helping people find, enroll in and use ACA health coverage. We've doubled in each of the past two years and are now the largest ACA enrollment platform after healthcare.gov, having helped over 10 million people enroll in health coverage. We're a mission-driven team who advocates for and cares deeply about the people we serve.
We are a double bottom-line company: revenues and enrollments in ACA coverage. The ACA brings high-quality, comprehensive, and affordable health coverage within reach for low-income Americans. And we exist to make that promise a reality. Your contribution will positively affect hundreds of thousands of people, helping them to navigate the complex and confusing health insurance industry and to access health care when they need it.
We are committed to building a team balanced in representation to best serve the people who use our products. We believe in creating inclusive and equitable spaces, which build trust and respect and foster a sense of belonging. These values are at the core of our culture, and we genuinely believe they will continue to lead our organization to successful outcomes.
About the Role
The Broker Channel Manager oversees new agency sales and recruitment, reporting to the Director of Agency Sales. You will stay current with latest developments in marketplace and competitor activities, increasing broker adoption of HealthSherpa in defined markets.
- Refine and deliver agency sales pitches
- Assist in business development strategies, including local-tactical research and prospecting within a defined territory
- Develop an ongoing agency market analysis
- Manage sales pipeline, forecast monthly sales, and identify new business opportunities
- Develop sales strategies to procure referrals and other self-generated leads to meet sales targets
- Work as a liaison among HealthSherpa's internal teams, including Agency Account Managers, Product, Marketing, and Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in the health insurance industry in a direct sales role or as a partner channel manager
- Experience managing multi-stakeholder clients with high satisfaction year over year
- Experience developing and implementing processes at scale
- Bilingual fluency, Spanish preferred with a minimum ability to speak and write proficiently
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time in assigned territory; previous insurance work in Texas is a strong plus
- Remote-first company
- Great compensation package with meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- Monthly grocery stipend and home internet reimbursement
- 401K w/ a match after a grace period
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave
- 4 weeks paid vacation in addition to paid holidays
- Home office budget for remote team members
- Disability insurance
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome and encourage people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, identities, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the team at HealthSherpa. #LI-Remote
More Information on HealthSherpa
HealthSherpa operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Sacramento, CA and San Francisco, CA. HealthSherpa was founded in 2012. It has 58 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K), Unlimited Vacation Policy. To see all 4 open jobs at HealthSherpa, click here.
Read Full Job Description