Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Administer all Time Off Programs (leave of absence, holidays, sick time, sabbaticals) for U.S., Canada and Brazil (future) - educate employees, HR, managers, while working with external vendors and payroll to ensure accurate time tracking and pay reporting.
- Partner with Global Benefits Operations Manager to implement leave tracking modules in Workday and/or other leave time tracking systems.
- Answer employee questions about leaves and benefit related matters.
- Liaise with leave and benefits vendors to troubleshoot administrative or employee issues.
- Create and update benefits communication and documents on internal HR wiki.
- Assist with Open Enrollment logistics, implementations, and communications.
- Serve as a backup in order to facilitate New Hire Benefits sessions.
- Provide backup support for all Time Off Programs for other international countries.
- Provide temporary vendor management support for global EAP and fertility programs.
- Assist with new vendor set up, purchase order setup, and invoice payment.
- Provide communication support and handle special projects as needed.
What we look for in you:
- 5+ years of experience in benefits, 401(k), and leave administration.
- Solid understanding of ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, Section 125, HSA rules and other benefit and regulatory requirements.
- Workday Benefits experience.
- Proficient in Mac and Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Deeply detailed and process oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with managing vendor relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in a startup culture - comfort with ambiguity and non-stop problem solving, building, and action.
- Experience in benefits administration outside of the U.S.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.