Granicus is the leading provider of citizen engagement technologies and services for the public sector, bringing governments closer to the people they serve with the first-and-only Civic Engagement Platform. Granicus works with more than 5,500 government organizations and connects more than 280 million people in the largest Citizen Subscriber Network of its kind.
Due to Granicus’ continued growth, the Business Development Team is seeking a Business Development Manager who will report to the Sr Director of Business Development and directly manage a team of BDRs, being responsible for their growth and success.
The BDR Manager is responsible for the individuals on their team, to make sure they are meeting daily activity requirements, monthly meeting goals, and producing quality opportunities that have a strong change of leading to pipeline. They are also responsible for the marketing MCM goals associated with their team.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the BDR Manager is responsible for filling any open headcount on their team and help with onboarding and training. They will coordinate with sales reps and sales managers for the territory their team covers to make sure the team is strategically working with sales and meeting their expectations. They will also coordinate with other members of the marketing team to help execute on both inbound and outbound campaigns, as well as develop email templates and talk tracks in SalesLoft.
The role is for an organized and empathetic individual who has management aspirations and is motivated by enabling the success of others. We are looking for someone who is accountable, collaborative, and can lead by example.
Granicus is a remote first company (this isn’t temporary). While we have virtual teams, you have the option for in-office work should you be located near one of our hubs.
What You Get To Do:
- Directly manage a team of 5-10 BDRs
- Conduct weekly 1:1s with direct reports to ensure they are achieving activity & meeting goals and focused on the right campaigns
- Strategically manage your team to ensure you hit quarterly marketing MCM goals
- Running daily operations to enable each BDR to be successful
- Identify areas of coaching/training for your team members and help with professional development and career paths.
- Lead weekly team meetings and conduct regular coaching sessions to develop messaging, teach new skills, and gauge the effectiveness of ongoing campaigns
- Meet regularly with sales reps and managers to make sure the team is meeting sales expectations and to understand their strategy.
- Develop talk tracks and email cadences for inbound and outbound campaigns in SalesLoft.
- Leverage SFDC reporting and SalesLoft analytics to monitor team performance and identify trends to help make improvements to the team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, or related field highly preferred
- 1.5+ years of relevant work experience as a BDR, preferably at Granicus
- Relevant work and/or internship experience in Sales or management
- Public Sector experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with team members and hold others accountable
- Demonstrated leadership potential and an interest in developing individual coaching and management skills
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing conditions at a fast-paced, growing company
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with team members and other departments
- Organized, good time management skills, and demonstrates a good understanding of the BDR process.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM Software preferred
- Experience with SalesLoft or another sales productivity tool preferred
Come learn more about working at Granicus on our website: https://granicus.com/careers/
[Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. By applying for this position, and if I am located in the United States, I understand that I will be required to verify that I have been, or will be, fully vaccinated prior to employment, or to verify that I cannot be vaccinated due to a legally recognized exception to the vaccine mandate.]
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer-paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office-based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.