Associate Sales Engineer at Egnyte
Associate Sales Engineer
Egnyte is seeking an Associate Sales Engineer. The Sales Engineer acts as the "Liaison” between Sales, Product, Marketing and the Customer by identifying and removing any potential road blocks early in the sales process while creating detailed specifications agreed upon by both Egnyte and the client. You’ll manage customer pilots and Proofs of Concept (POCs), including hands-on installation and configuration of Egnyte and third-party solutions.
Egnyte Sales Engineers develop deep knowledge of the Egnyte platform, competition, third-party integrations and our customer industries. You’ll support all deal sizes, industry verticals and regions across the globe, allowing you to grow technically, professionally and personally.
Your Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Understand our customers’ businesses and challenge their ideas of the status quo
- Be the technical lead in customer engagements in partnership with the sales team to gain technical fit through a consultative sales approach
- Proactively identify and address customer's technical needs and objections to drive sales
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and solution proposals by matching specific client business requirements into effective technical solutions, with a focus on Egnyte’s products and services.
- Maintain high level knowledge of technical strengths and weaknesses of the competitor's products and what strategy Egnyte should develop to counter.
- Maintain deep knowledge of all Egnyte products/services, competitive product lines and platform integrations through self-education and Egnyte’s enablement resources.
- Perform technical benefits assessment for customers by gaining detailed understanding of their environment.
- Lead RFI, RFP and Security Questionnaire response completions.
- Travel to customer sites, Egnyte internal meetings and trade show/conferences, if needed
- 2+ years of Sales or Sales Engineering experience preferred, ideally with SaaS, infrastructure, security and/or governance experience. Similar tracks (Customer Success, Professional Services, Support) will be positively considered.
- Curiosity about technology, and passion to both learn and share with peers and customers
- Ability to work with all levels of customer roles up to and including the CIO, CTO and CISO
- Strong people orientation with the ability to listen, work, resolve and prioritize issues to achieve customer satisfaction
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment (“lone wolves” are discouraged)
- Strong presentation skills and ability to sell effectively in front of a mixed technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to quickly assess the critical elements of a situation and decide and execute appropriate action
- Strong experience with process-centric solution selling (aka consultative- or value-selling)
- Appreciation of and experience with the entire sales cycle including pre-sales, deployment, customer success and retention is preferred
- Competitive salaries & Stock Options
- Comprehensive benefits for you and your family (low premiums and deductibles!)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Program, FSA, HAS, and Commuter/Parking benefits
- Fully paid premiums for life insurance (up to 2x your salary) / AD&D and the option to enroll in Voluntary Life Insurance
- Pet Plan-- Enroll in discounted Pet Insurance & Perkspot – Discount program available for entertainment, services, shopping & travel
- Global Travel – Medical benefits to cover any employees traveling out of the United States on a work-related trip
- Flexible hours and responsible time off
- Emotion & Physical Wellness – Free access to emotional and physical wellness apps including Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Ginger, and Physera
- Gym, cell phone, and commute reimbursement
- Healthy lunches, breakfast, and bottomless snacks and beverages
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (Traditional and Roth)
- Board Games --you name it, we got it! Take a break and get to know other Egnyters!
- SoFi online financial services: Pay off debt sooner, invest in your future, or refinance your mortgage – all in one app
- FREE Egnyte lifetime membership
Equal Opportunity Employment
Egnyte is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
In a content critical age, Egnyte fuels business growth by enabling content-rich business processes, while also providing organizations with visibility and control over their content assets. Egnyte’s cloud-native content services platform leverages the industry’s leading content intelligence engine to deliver a simple, secure, and vendor-neutral foundation for managing enterprise content across business applications and storage repositories. More than 16,000 customers trust Egnyte to enhance employee productivity, automate data management, and reduce file-sharing cost and complexity. Investors include Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Caufield & Byers, and Goldman Sachs. For more information, visit www.egnyte.com