Associate Director of Customer Success (EMEA/APAC) at Cendyn (Remote)
Reporting to the Director of Customer Success, the Associate Director of Customer Success is a vital part of the management team for Cendyn’s broader Customer Success organization. In this role, you will assist in the strategic execution of one of our customer success teams ensuring the successful adoption, value realization, and improved retention across our customer base. You will focus primarily on driving success within our Strategic and Growth customer segment, through mentoring and planning for a team of CSMs. Another key part of this role is meeting and engaging with our customers and establishing relationships with key executives within our customer base.
We care about customer success and customer outcomes, and we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude to mentor and lead a team of Customer Success Managers and help drive the strategic vision for Customer Success Management at Cendyn.
Given our business model, where our customers pay us over time, Customer Success is vital to our long-term profitability. We will be successful if our customers are receiving massive value from our service.
- Attract, hire, and lead an extraordinary customer success team for Key Accounts (Strategic and Growth customer segment)
- Support the Director to manage the development and growth of the CSM team, including training, education, hiring, performance review, and professional development.
- Ensure the team is staffed, trained and deployed to fulfill the strategic plan.
- Apply a results oriented approach to develop and improve upon team goals and execute the plan to achieve and exceed them.
- Support KPIs, manage performance, and establish career path opportunities for CSMs.
- Serve as the product expert and Super User by
- Educating our clients on new and existing products/features
- Provide coaching and education to improve adoption of Cendyn products
- Serve as an escalation point for Customer Support, Account Management, and Customer Success on product challenges
- Own the success and health of assigned customers by ensuring that they meet their goals with Cendyn’s products and services by creating and achieving short and long term objectives in the Account Development Plans
- Define measurable goals and objectives with clear outcomes, ensure cohesive communication across internal and customer audiences at all levels.
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience with proactive communication, orchestrating the right internal resources, and effectively align, track, and evolve customer business goals.
- Key account customer request ticket review and follow-up
- Key account customer critical success factors, KPIs, performance tracking of products
- Prepare and report on the performance of Account Development plans at an executive level on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in defining and executing on a scalable strategy for driving adoption and growth across the customer base. This includes defining, inspecting and reporting on an operating cadence that enables proactive action and leads our CSM team in driving user adoption, high NPS, retention growth, and long term partnerships with our customers..
- Distill best practices across the customer base and develop repeatable mechanisms to drive efficiency within your team
- Support customer expansion and renewal opportunities
- Align team processes and procedures, collaborate and build relationships toward global and regional consistency
- Act as a senior escalation point for our customers.
- Prioritize and make decisions for the execution of all projects ensuring that teams have the tools and methodologies to be effective.
- Automate the predictable so we can humanize the exceptional:
- Drive customers to self-service first via the customer service portal
- Develop and deliver monthly product webinar trainings for Cendyn customers. These recorded webinars will become the basis for online learning paths for internal employees and customers.
- Oversee business process flow and procedure compliance to ensure individual and team’s efficient delivery of activities.
- Instill a drive for excellence throughout the Customer Success team. Measure the effectiveness of Customer Success
- Meet targets and goals set for the Customer Success team.
- Review metrics with the team on a regular cadence
- Conduct regular meetings to analyze trends in clients’ data and identify opportunities to provide best practices and industry insights to optimize revenue potential, based on performance metrics.
- Recognize any potential risk that the customer may face, work with internal teams to mitigate and record potential risks.
- Assist with the creation and execution of the Service Recovery plan of action.
- Continuously share examples and best practices among customers, educate them on industry trends, new releases, and product enhancements.
- Proactively identify, develop, and support revenue growth opportunities while building relationships as a trusted advisor to customers.
- Share achievement and success stories.
- Ensure that the creation and execution of Service Recovery plans for customer risks are being managed and mitigated between your team and the applicable teams associated to the risk.
- Manage Customer Success team activities
- Customer: Onboarding, Adoption, Recurring Business Reviews, Value/Customer Outcomes, Service Level Upgrades, and (where appropriate) Saves, Renewals, Up-sell/Cross-sells
- Associate: Onboarding, Training, Career Path, Leadership Growth, Mentorship
- Inspire excellence in Customer Service across Cendyn
- Encourage company-wide culture focusing on the customer
- Align with Marketing around targeting/communicating with existing customers
- Align with Customer Service & Support to ensure timely delivery of customer service and support requests
- Align with Product around driving product roadmap, representing the customer
- Align with Account Management for cross-sell and up-sell opportunities and maintain a goal on customer retention
- Partner with counterparts in Account Management and Implementation teams to ensure effective success plans are in place and in progress for existing and incoming customers.
- Partner with Product on aiding the development and growth of existing and new products for our customers, give feedback on the product roadmap and what you’ve learned from product with our customers
- Participate in and identify, design, and deliver cross-functional initiatives that support strategic improvements in scaled processes, services, and systems to enable the team to exceed goals and spend more time with customers
- Coordinate with Key Account Manager/Director to
- prepare for monthly performance meeting with Key Accounts
- prepare for Key Account QBR and participate to deliver results for Customer QBR, and Internal/Stakeholder QBR
- develop and execute key account customer strategy
- ensure contract renewal
- Manage customer expectations, intimately understanding and communicating customer requirements to internal teams, and communicating/training customers of new solutions.
- Enhance Customer Success team effectiveness and efficiency through technology and/or automation, including optimization/adding the following:
- Customer Success Management platform
- Reference and advocacy solutions
- Customer marketing software
- Support systems
- Identify opportunities for ongoing learning to ensure full implementation and product adoption by each customer
- Provide input and feedback, from a key account perspective to the Cendyn Product Management team, on solution features and functionality.
- Facilitate workshops and knowledge sharing with customers on best practices, new features, and new information about our products and services.
- Contribute to the ongoing initiative to continuously improve our approach to efficiently and effectively secure our customers success.
- Confidence and ability to create structure in ambiguous situations.
- Collaborate effectively to get things done, building, and nurturing strong relationships.
- Foster collaboration within team and across customer lifecycle
- Identifying and providing feedback through 1:1s, effective use of personal development plans and provision of coaching & development opportunities.
- Encourage continuous learning within team
- Create efficient onboarding process for new team members to minimize learning curve
- Builds solid relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists by fostering teamwork, partnership, and collaboration in a virtual or face-to-face environment.
- A strong team-player work ethic with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- A general knowledge of hospitality technology as well as Cendyn products
- Make high impact presentations to influence customer actions
- Make high impact presentations to influence customer actions
- Use Salesforce, Zendesk, and other CRM products to communicate and track customer interactions
Required Education and Experience:
- 2+ years experience in leading customer facing organizations
- Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated expertise in the hospitality industry, or other industry with fixed, perishable inventory.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced technology firm and ability to adapt to changes.
- A passion for leading, coaching and building an inspired team through setting vision, unlocking potential, and driving compassionate accountability
- Proven customer success experience where you are defined by your client’s success metrics and their satisfaction is highly desirable.
- Excellent listening, problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and work under targets/goals.
- Organized and high attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office preferred.
- Business Management Skills - Strong leadership skills (listening, communications, coaching,), proven ability to formulate and implement strategies, ability to manage in a matrix organization, ability to implement and manage change.
- Relationship Management - ability to create and maintain strong relationships and grow accounts, with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Planning and Organizational Skills –Excellent organizational, planning, and proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Office Tools – Strong technical aptitude and skilled in Microsoft Windows-based office tools including presentation software, database software and desktop applications. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Basic abilities with SharePoint and Smartsheet are a plus.
- Analytical and Conceptual Thinking – Ability to interpret and analyze situations, identify solutions, and formulate recommendations for effective management.
- Empowerment, Coaching and Teambuilding – Ability to provide guidance and coaching while empowering staff to perform their role. Create and maintain sense of teamwork to ensure accountability, cooperation, and collaboration towards a common goal.
- Innovation – Ability to initiate creative thinking to accomplish continuous improvement and evolution of the department.
- Communication – Excellent communication and presentation skills. Solid communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff, and/or outside contacts.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner.
This job operates in a home office or office environment. Working in an office environment requires a high degree of discipline and the ability to work with others in a moderately noisy open office environment with centrally controlled heat/AC setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m and subject to changes by Manager’s communication and may have to accommodate customer schedules in different international time zones.
This position may require up to 35% of travel. Travel may be international, overnight and outside of regular business hours.
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.