Associate Account Manager at Palo Alto Networks (Remote)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
As a Associate Account Manager, we are seeking a sales professional to manage and drive sales in a set of major accounts that you will work in conjunction with the Major Account Manager. You will play a key role in expanding the customer base as well as creating new campaigns in order to drive revenue within the accounts. You will be expected to achieve sales quota on a monthly and quarterly basis by building strategic campaigns & utilizing the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Platform.
- Build and maintain a constant/future revenue pipeline
- Present regular/accurate forecasting for review
- Hunt for and sell to new clients by identifying cross-selling & up-selling opportunities
- Independently run sales campaigns, product demos and POCs
- Analyze need, present value, negotiate and close deals with IT influencers and senior decision makers within territory
- Build, maintain, and execute on Account plans and strategies.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with channel partners
- Team and collaborate effectively with Majors Account Manager
- Build relationships with channel & integration partners
- Keep up to date knowledge of the industry as well as competitive position of the company
- Travel to customers and partners required up to 25 percent of working time
- Preferred candidates with 4+ years sales experience in the IT industry
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas and targets
- Able to exercise judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Prior experience selling network infrastructure-based security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSEc VPNs, Security Proxies & Caches
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a highly interactive environment
- Conducts effective presentations to C level executives
- Passionate about their work and achievement oriented
- Interacts effectively with others
- Demonstrates a professional phone manner and conduct
- Maintains focus on daily schedule and objectives and effectively set priorities
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer, the starting salary (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) is expected to be between $99,300/yr - $146,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.