Associate Account Executive at MERGE (Kansas City, MO)
Merge Storytelling and Technology
We MERGE storytelling and technology to promote health, wealth and happiness in the world. We help marketing and technology executives engage hearts and connect parts by offering full-service capabilities including strategy, creative communications, experience engineering, performance marketing, media, digital platform development and more.
Promote Health, Wealth & Happiness
We are committed to promoting health, wealth and happiness in the world by partnering with purpose-driven clients in purpose-driven industries such as healthcare, financial services and consumer products. Our health clients are literally on the front lines saving lives. Our wealth clients are changing the financial potential in people's lives. And our consumer clients make lives...a little bit happier every day.
Partner with Clients of Iconic Brands
MERGE has enduring client partnerships with American Express, T-Mobile, LG, Facebook, Adobe, Kate Spade NY, Coach, The North Face, Fidelity, Eaton Vance, BlueCross BlueShield, Abbott, Astellas, Seqirus, Supernus, Boston Scientific, Advocate Aurora Health, Indiana University Health and Marco’s Pizza to name a few.
Work with Poets and PHD’s
With 750+ employees across offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Montreal and New York City, MERGE uses a talent-to-task process that connects our poets and PHD’s which enables clients to think higher and feel deeper about their customers.
Emerge to the Top of Your Career
At MERGE, we strive to create a superior work experience where people with ability, agility and humility can grow and do the best work of their careers.
As our Associate Account Executive, you will…
Be Accountable and Responsible
As our Account Executive , you will support the day to day activities of assigned account(s) while coordinating effectively with client brand team and extended partners on development of tactics. You’ll be an agile member of the team who field frequent client requests and collaborate internally for strong thought leadership and best in class work. The position begins to demonstrate a strategic understanding of the client business and provides sound and responsible assistance to the team.
You will be an upbeat, optimistic and happy to help the team. Key role responsibilities include:
- Assists in all facets of account services and client management as directed
- Actively participates in internal and client status meetings
- Effectively communicates client feedback to cross functional agency team and keeps team apprised of changes or updates to account in a timely manner
- Assists in managing projects through client review process
- Develops understanding of the brand’s strategic imperatives
- Assists in tactical planning
- Develops and submits internal documentation per agency SOP
- Possesses working knowledge of all agency processes and works well with the internal team to ensure projects are progressing on time; assesses and monitors team and job productivity/efficiency
- Monitors financial status of accounts
- Monitors hours and production expenses
- Responsible for approving billing and invoices, partnering with finance to manage hours
- Prepares materials for reporting to the client with oversight
- Obtains an understanding of the category, the brand, customer segments and relevant competitors; proactively seeks out team members to gain working knowledge of the brand and category ongoing basis
- Keeps up-to-date on industry and category trends through websites, trade journals, market research
- Remains alert to client needs and elevates opportunities to convert organic growth opportunities
These are the qualifications we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 1+ of years of professional account management experience within an advertising environment
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), with the ability to interface collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong client/project management skills, especially as it relates to setting the tone for achieving deadlines within our fast-paced, ever-changing environment
And here’s how we live our values at MERGE
- Mastering our craft
- Delivering with a growth mindset
- Collaborating for shared success
MERGE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
MERGE welcomes and celebrates diversity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or people with abilities. We believe that the more diverse we are, the more creative our work will be!