Area Vice President Sales at Anaplan (Remote)
Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
The Successful candidate can be located remotely in the Mid West to Eastern Region in the US:
At Anaplan, we are looking for an Area Vice President to join one of the fastest growing cloud vendors and make your mark on the industry. You will take your proven track record of new business sales and Account Management of Global 2000 enterprises and sell an incredibly versatile solution that is helping people and companies around the world every day to make better-informed plans and decisions.
Our sales team is sharing our bold vision with companies around the world and helping them understand the power of Anaplan products. We partner with some of the world’s biggest brands, such as GE, PwC, and VMware, to unlock their full potential for success and to grow our business.
You will join a team of individuals who embrace and respect diverse perspectives, aren’t afraid to push boundaries and try new ideas, and are passionate about helping our customers and each other succeed. We work hard, but we also don’t wait for an excuse to have fun. In fact, we’re so serious about it that it’s one of our core values.
The Area Vice President (AVP) will report to our Managing Director for the Americas and will lead a team of Regional Vice Presidents and their AEs, who are responsible for our largest existing customers and potential customers. The team’s roll is to expand Anaplan’s footprint at existing customers and build new relationships with prospects within the East US region.
The ideal candidate is one who has built and led sales teams, has a strong track record in the software world and in supporting/mentoring the direct reports that make up their sales team. This person needs to be an expert at positioning business value, selling enterprise software solutions, managing complex sales cycles and building relationships with key stakeholders in large corporations. You will be able to demonstrate growing a business across the Americas, through customer acquisition and by delivering additional value to your clients. Your will have secured significant business transactions and know how to drive your team to have big ambitions and the strategy to succeed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Guide and manage the activities of the RVP’s within assigned region to ensure that company revenue goals and objectives are exceeded
- Work with your counterparts in pre-sales, marketing, alliances and customer success to ensure an holistic plan for growth.
- Develop and execute on a business plan to expand business into new accounts throughout a given region
- Juggle the closing of current-quarter deals while nurturing longer-term opportunities
- Coordinating and managing weekly and monthly one-on-one and team pipeline reviews, meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement and best-practice sharing.
- Managing daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Attracting, hiring, onboarding and retaining top sales talent; managing attrition
- Display a thorough understanding of business needs and revenue potential for accounts in the assigned region
- Bachelor's Degree
- SaaS experience
- Excellent C-level communication skills
- Minimum of 10 years enterprise software sales experience successfully selling solutions at the C-level
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach
- Total comfort demonstrating SaaS/cloud-based software and discussing it with business leaders
- Strong track record of exceeding company sales quotas in a complex sales environment
- Experience in territory management and planning, at the regional and account levels
- Proven expertise with teaching, coaching and training sales methodologies
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and organizational skills required.
- Willing to travel as needed throughout the region
- Location is open to southeast states (GA, FL, NC, SC, VA)
- Business solutions such as EPM, Supply Chain or ERP software sales experience
- History of meeting/exceeding team quotas
- Passion for a fast paced, high growth environment
- Success selling into Finance, Supply Chain
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Protecting the health and safety of our communities, including our employees and of those considering a career at Anaplan, is our highest priority. We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation, and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility with any related changes to our interviewing process.