Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
We are seeking a proven, experienced Area Vice President to lead, build, develop a team of Account Executives. Their charter will be to capture “New Logos” by focusing on the Fortune 500. At this stage in the growth of our company, the “Land” part of our strategy is establishing our footprint in the world’s largest global accounts. To achieve this goal, we are building a “World Class” sales organization that will lead the BetterUp mission of delivering our solution to emerging leaders and reimagining the way people work and live. In the AVP role, we look for someone to lead by example and exemplify our values and inspire a team of highly driven account executives to impress themselves on a daily basis. We support teamwork, collaboration, and creating a winning spirit across the team that elevates performance.
We are currently over 350 employees and are about to embark on another exciting rapid growth stage of the company. If all of this sounds exciting to you and you would like to be part of that growth, please apply.
What you'll do:
- Strategize with our Regional Vice President of Sales to expand BetterUp’s client base
- Hire an elite team of Senior Account Executives who will close key accounts
- Work alongside Account Executives by participating in and leading client meetings to increase pipeline velocity.
- Accountable to measuring weekly pipeline development activities tied to monthly pipeline targets and sharing those forecasts in weekly pipeline review meetings.
- Reporting on sales activity, pipeline development and forecast to the BetterUp leadership team.
- Monitoring the weekly sales activity of the team, and tracking results.
- Align and establish clear alignment with BetterUp's Behavioral Science Team.
- Support Account Executives by collaborating on local business development plans within each market.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
This is a collection of skills that we believe would make someone successful in this position. If you feel that you have the majority of these skills or others that will ensure your success in this role, please apply.
- 2-3 years of sales management experience combined with a proven track record of success in a similar enterprise environment.
- 7+ years of quota-carrying sales and experience as an individual contributor.
- Recent experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles with Fortune 500 accounts.
- Proven success of working within a highly matrixed organization.
- Values/behaviors necessary: Empathy, bringing out the best in others, care for each person, service-oriented leadership, and a relentless desire to learn/grow.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.