Area Sales Manager - Northern California at Connected Cannabis Co. (Remote)
11 years from our humble beginnings as the founders of Fruitridge Health & Wellness in Sacramento, Connected now maintains a portfolio of proprietary top-shelf cannabis genetics cultivated in state-of-the-art grow facilities. We are proud to be the largest grower of premium flower in California.
With three retail doors in California, recent expansion into Arizona and national expansion plans in motion, we operate one of the fastest growing, vertically integrated cannabis companies in the country.
Our mission has remained the same since day one: To breed, grow and sell the best cannabis in the world. This commitment to deliver at the absolute pinnacle comes to life in the standards we hold our product, our people, and our partners to every day.
Proprietary genetics cultivated with cutting-edge technology and over 100 years of combined plant cultivation experience has earned our flower the highest wholesale price in any major legal market. Our continued curiosity can be traced back to an early obsession with R&D that poured resources into what is now one of the most advanced cannabis breeding programs in the world.
In 2017, we welcomed Alien Labs to the Connected family; a partnership built on the foundation of like-minded quality standards and the desire to raise those standards across the industry.
Today, a new emphasis on elevated experiences will ride in tandem with geographical and menu expansion on the fast paced and thrilling road ahead for the entire Connected family of brands.About the Job
We’re looking for an absolute rock-star Sales Manager to lead Sales in NorCal. The right individual will be comfortable and competent at managing the status of 200+ accounts in NorCal through their team of hard-working Account Executives, provide hands-on coaching to individual team members to increase account-level growth, be strategic and thoughtful in allocating attention to specific accounts as needed month by month. Ultimately, the team and region will rely on your creativity, guts, and leadership to meet and exceed dispensary growth & retention goals.What You Will Do
- Provide hands-on, high velocity coaching weekly to every individual on the team. You have an uncanny read on what each salesperson can do to improve at each stage of the sales and account management lifecycle. You provide consistent and actionable feedback which leads to material account growth in-region. You’re constantly creating and putting into action new ways to level-up your team.
- Battle for our customers. Drive the message that every account matters. Be on the front lines with your team to handle account problems as they arise, ensure buyers and customers believe Connected is the greatest cannabis partner in the industry. Bring urgency to problems as they arise, and respond thoroughly and effectively to customer problems.
- Perform or delegate the tasks required to power the sales engine. Ensure that our AEs are paid commission on time, accurately. If there are account level disputes, be the individual that keeps record of these instances for us to easily pull if needed. Run a tight ship when it comes to understanding account and initiative status at the AE level. Help to enforce and police compliance and operational policies on behalf of the company.
- Execute innovative ideas and campaigns. Help increase sell-through, cultivate relationships with dispensaries, and keep our SKUs stocked on the shelves
- Establish and own relationships with our largest & most strategic accounts.
- Know the region, our product line, and all accounts like the back of your hand.
- Lead, manage, and hire a world-class sales team in SoCal.
- Be the driving force and inspiration that pushes every individual on the team toward growth and success in their markets.
- Set aggressive monthly and weekly targets with every Account Executive on your team, and together - formulate and execute strategies to deliver on these goals.
- Grow Connected and its brands to a goliath presence in your assigned region.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ sales experience, with 1-3+ years of proven success at a management level
- Experience in managing a sales team in a fast-paced, high activity/volume outbound selling environment
- Comfortable leveraging data as a way to support effective sales behavior
- Motivated by success and able to motivate your team members at all levels
- Adept at setting and driving strategic initiatives in the functional area
- Passion for delivering value to the customer, maximizing their success
- Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in budgeting, pricing, and inventory management a must
- Must be able to travel in the Northern California area 25% out of the month with 1-2 overnight stays per quarter
- Must be available to work M-F business hours with some flexibility
- Have deep sales experience and proven success in building and growing a high performance sales organization.
- Maintain and embody the mindset that every account is mission critical for the company to succeed
- Are willing to learn deeply everything there is to know about Cannabis - from the grow process, to regulations, to trends in the space, to what makes each strain unique. We’re looking for proactive individuals who are willing to talk the talk, roll up their sleeves, and dig into learning the space
- Thrive in a fast-paced, self-reliant environment
- Are a remarkable communicator and networker
- Are deeply motivated by the sale! The sky's the limit in terms of earning potential, and you love the thrill of engaging new accounts
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols
- Requires normal hearing range
Connected is an exciting and innovative workplace with a highly engaged workforce brought together by a shared passion to be the best in the business. We are on a mission to breed, grow and sell the best cannabis in the world! This is a super unique opportunity to be part of the start-up stage of the booming cannabis industry. We are looking for exceptional people to join our team as we transition into the next phase of our business ventures and become a leader in the cannabis space.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time (Flexible Vacation policy for exempt positions)
- Career Growth and Internal Advancement Opportunities
- Chance to work in an exciting new start-up industry with awesome people!