At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
ServiceNow is seeking Strategic Portfolio Management (SPM/ITBM) solution consultants who can provide leadership and expertise during pre-sales engagement around the IT Business Management space. Strong experience demonstrating solutions to varied audiences, hands-on technical knowledge, consulting skills, and the ability to translate technical capabilities into business benefits are crucial for this role.
What you get to do in this role:
- Create and generate customer demand around Strategic Portfolio Management and contribute to Sales campaigns focused on SPM by providing product and industry insight gained from prior experience
- Serve as a thought leader on SPM for ServiceNow to thousands of customers.
- Build and maintain Strong Alignment with Product Management and Engineering teams on roadmap and field feedback
- Create and own programs that enable Solution Consultants to demonstrate the value of SPM
- Contribute to and maintain a showcase of SPM solutions created on the ServiceNow platform
- Assist the sales personnel in the qualification of customer needs and performing business value assessments to determine the value for clients
- Demonstrations of solutions, both standard and tailored to prospects and existing customers
- Responding to request for information/proposal documents
- Scoping and delivering Proof of Concept/Proof of Value engagements with prospects
- Supporting Marketing events - user conferences, trade shows, webinars, etc.
- Staying current on competitive analysis and understanding how to best position ServiceNow solution to ensure we keep ahead of opportunities, obstacles, and challenges
- Understanding business and technical problems addressed by the product, including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, etc
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 7+ years of pre-sales solution consulting or sales engineering experience in (product specific area)
- Prior experience as a practitioner, serving in one of the following roles - Enterprise Architect, a PMO leader, or an Agile Transformation Leader.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, including technical and business concepts
- Ability to forge strong business relationships and connect with both C- level execs at customers as well as with individuals in ServiceNow eco-system
- Strong Presales experience and mastery of the sales process
- A strong understanding of the PPM market and Project Management related business processes
- Prior presales experience with an APM solution provider (CA, HP, Oracle, Microsoft) or related high technology business environment is a plus
- Knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) market, or IT Financial Management market
- Exhibit prior and current technical expertise in web technology and the ability to learn new technology
- Applicant must reside in the Western Region of the US (West of the Mississippi River)
- This is a Home Office-based role that will typically incur travel for customers when possible inside the territory
- Relocation Assistance is not available
- Internal Applicants - please apply through our internal careers page
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.