Account Manager/Outside Sales Representative at Cycling Sports Group (Remote)
We help people make the most of their bike ride by creating some of the most original, easy to enjoy, and best performing bicycle products.
We make bikes for everybody – as cycling develops and grows worldwide, we’re looking for more great people to join us. If you’re looking to enjoy working in a culture of innovation with a team of like-minded people, then we may have something for you here.
If you love riding bikes as much as we do, then we’re already on the same page. Let’s see what we can create together.
Responsible for developing and maintaining customer base through effective outside sales & service
- Sell to a select territory of dealers, providing excellent customer service and exhibiting finely tuned sales skills.
- Travel to new and existing accounts on a regular basis
- Track dealer visits with daily call report and send report to Sales Operations as appropriate and requested.
- Identify new business opportunities and make contacts with prospective customers.
- Assist dealers with inventory analysis and make suggestions for improving inventory.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers through effective customer service.
- Help to oversee the development of and conduct sales and product presentations.
- Promote each new product line for each year.
- Maintain regular contact with inside Account Executive assigned to territory, and work together to resolve dealer issues and improve sales and service techniques.
- Contribute to the success of company by leading or assisting with other projects and tasks as assigned.
COMMUNICATIONS Facilitating Information Exchange:
- Communicativeness: Effective performers recognize the essential value of continuous information exchange and the competitive advantage it brings. They actively seek information from a variety of sources and disseminate it in a variety of ways. They use modern technologies to access and circulate information, even across great They take responsibility for ensuring that their people have the current and accurate information needed for success.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Effective performers are able to identify problems, solve them, act decisively, and show good judgement. They isolate causes from symptoms, and compile information and alternatives to illuminate problems or issues. They involve others as appropriate and gather information from a variety of They find a balance between studying the problem and solving it. They readily commit to action and make decisions that reflect sound judgement.
- Customer Orientation: Effective performers stay close to customers and They view the organization through the eyes of the customer and go out of their way to anticipate and meet customer needs. They continually seek information and understanding regarding market trends.
- Relationship Building: Effective performers understand that a primary factor in success is establishing and maintaining productive They like interacting with people and are good at it. They devote appropriate time and energy to establishing and maintaining networks. They initiate contacts readily and maintain them over time. They are able to utilize relationships to facilitate business transactions.
- Team Player: Effective performers are team oriented. They identify with the larger organizational team and their role within it. They share resources, respond to requests from other parts of the organization, and support larger legitimate organizational agendas as more important than local or personal goals.
- Strategic Thinking: Effective performers act with the future in They plan and make decisions within the framework of the enterprise’s strategic intent. They know and understand the factors influencing strategy (e.g. core competence, customers, competition, and the organization’s current strengths and limitations). They consider future impact when weighing decisions. They constantly think in terms of expanding the business, always looking for new ways to grow and achieve competitive advantage.
- Integrity: Effective performers think and act ethically and honestly. They apply ethical standards of behavior to daily work They take responsibility for their actions and foster a work environment where integrity is rewarded.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the bicycle/sporting goods industry required, to include dealership experience or an equivalent combination of education and
- Superior customer service and sales skills
- Must be a team player and willing to assist in other areas such as logistics and inside
- Must be able to use MS Word, Excel and
- Must be willing to travel on a daily
- Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects and
- Valid drivers’ license
- Operable and reliable personal vehicle
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
- Prior IBD sales experience
- SAP knowledge
- Independent dealership management experience
- Successful cold calling
- Working conditions are normal for an office
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to use a computer keyboard and view a monitor for extended periods of time
- Must be able to travel
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- Generous Paid Time Off Programs
- Life & Disability Insurance
- FSA/HSA/Dependent Care FSA
- 401k and company match
- Great discounts on company products
- Employee Wellness Program
- A mix of casual yet professional culture