Account Manager at Magna International (Detroit, MI)
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Carry out regular contacts and communications with Customer Purchasing, Product Planning, Engineering, Quality Control, Manufacturing, and Materials Control. Primary position objectives are to increase market share and manage current business.
- Establishes goals and develop strategy to achieve goals.
- Monitor and inform management of industry trends and competitive information.
- Determine customer needs and provide day-to-day customer support.
- Sell the company to the customer, i.e., company's philosophy, structure, capability and expertise.
- Attend product development meetings and follow-up on information requests from Engineering.
- Attend plant try-outs with manufacturing representatives.
- Follow up on tooling questions (generally non-technical issues) such as timing and cost.
- Provide Cosma Divisions with input on pricing and follow-up on customer cost breakdown requests while providing guidance and clarification.
- Review and submit all quotes and other correspondence.
- Provide target pricing, if possible, and quotation feedback.
- Handle production issues as they affect the customer (e.g. shortages, resolving, incorrect releases).
- Follow engineering changes with customer and within the Company.
- Process prototype quotes and follow-up on deliveries.
- Manage tooling audits and cancellation claims.
- Coordinate cost reduction submissions and follow-up on cost reduction proposals.
- Monitor the company's competitive position (i.e. Capabilities, Price, Quality, Penetration, and Market Perception).
- Develop full knowledge of Cosma competitors.
- Act with honesty, integrity, and make ethical business choices in accordance with Magna's Compliance Policies and Procedures.
Education - Required: Bachelor's Degree (Business administration, Communications, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and experience
Years of Experience: Three to five (3-5) years of related experience required
- High level usage of MS Office programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff levels, both verbally and written
- Prior automotive industry and/or supplier experience.
Subject to business needs < 30% of travel may be required. Travel requirements include both domestic & international business needs. Must have a valid driver's license in good standing. Must have a valid passport allowing required travel.
Salary Range 75K-100K, based on years of experience.
Discretionary Target Bonus Eligible
Fringe Benefits include - Profit Sharing, 401K Magna Match, etc.
02--Business Development, Sales, Marketing F--Permanent/Regular
Nearest Major Market: Troy
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit