Role: Account Manager
Location: Remote (East/West Coast & Texas Territory)
Reports To: Director, Producer Channel
Hippo is modernizing the home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
About This Role
The Account Manager would be responsible for engaging with Hippo’s newly appointed and existing agencies. They will assist in training agency personnel on Hippo’s products, procedures and underwriting guidelines with the goal of increasing Hippo’s product sales in their respective region.
You are well-versed in the property insurance realm and have an in-depth knowledge of the industry as a whole. You’re great at building relationships and evangelizing products, processes and demonstrating best practices.
- Develop strong agency relationships with new and existing agents
- Collaborate with Director, Territory Manager and Product teams to achieve team goals and agency growth
- Drive new agency appointments through the defined onboarding process
- Responsible for agent production and quality of business.
- Become the point of contact for agent inquiries to include help with binding, quoting and coverage questions
- Responsible for knowledge of all Hippo Insurance products, pricing and processes.
- Gathers knowledge of competitors, products, pricing and processes and educates Hippo’s team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Insurance Sales or Service role
- P&C License is preferred
- Excels at persistent follow-up and ability to overcome objections
- Must demonstrate sales acumen and the ability to negotiate with special emphasis on closing sales
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills including: formal presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, life insurance, long & short-term disability, EAP and flexible spending.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Hippo Habitat- Our beautiful, historic offices are in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.